All new de-enabling thread

Debra

conversus said:
nisaba:

Can you use your powers to persuade me to leave the Druid Craft behind?

CED

I'll step in, if you don't mind, conversus.

I can tell from your avatar that this deck is not for you.

You are civilized and classy.

nisaba

Debra said:
I can tell from your avatar that this deck is not for you.

You are civilized and classy.
<hysterical laughter>

What mastery! I bow to you!

<takes off somewhat tarnished foil crown and places it irreverently on Debra's head>

conversus

Debra:

Such generosity of spirit. I promise I have not bought it. I have had it in my sights several times, but i just couldn't hit that one click purchase thingy!

The plaid, well is just not as enticing as I would like it to be.

If I had a copy I would send it to you nisba, because you selflessly save others from folly!

CED

Both of you have probably saved me!

Debra

I'm serious, though, conversus. I had the same "finger over clicky-buy-thingy" for months with that deck. Then I bought it. Then I looked at it and thought, "What have I done?" and traded it away pronto.

Because I too am civilized and classy, and this just ain't our kind of deck.

conversus

I agree with you, no, really! I just may have to remind myself once or twice more.

Now, what are your feelings for the Lo Scarabeo Lenormond Pack?

CED

Debra

My feeling is that you have an absolutely fantastic collection of tarots and why are you even looking at that silly little deck.

Le Fanu

Debra said:
I'm serious, though, conversus. I had the same "finger over clicky-buy-thingy" for months with that deck. Then I bought it. Then I looked at it and thought, "What have I done?" and traded it away pronto.

Because I too am civilized and classy, and this just ain't our kind of deck.

O where were you when I needed you? I got swept away on the AT tarot-tsunami and just had to have this "absolute classic". Hell, I even bought two! Oh dear (thankfully only one now; managed to trade one).

If it is any expression of its worth conversus, it is in one of my worst bags.

It's fake, it's pseudo, it's silly and it's definitely not classy.

Everyone loves it, admittedly. But remember George Bernard Shaw; the minority is sometimes right, the majority always wrong... :D :D

gregory

Debra said:
My feeling is that you have an absolutely fantastic collection of tarots and why are you even looking at that silly little deck.
And it isn't proper tarot..... It is very weird.

perilune

The deck feels very faux-Celtic/Ye Olde England. Personally I find the whole "old world" thing a bit hackneyed.

Could someone please de-enable the Transparent tarot for me? I don't think I like the whole layering cards together and interpreting them aspect of the deck but I'm still strangely drawn to it...