All new de-enabling thread

gregory

*zipz lipz and goez to bed*

nisaba

<narrows eyes>

Methinks there speaks a woman not fully de-enabled yet.

Don't tell me you've already hit the buy now button - it can always be cancelled ... <grasping for shreds of hope>

Le Fanu

Mojo Twin 2 said:
I have so many incredible and readable Tarot decks that I just love. Why do I always want just one more. I know The Sweet Twilight deck isn't out in the US yet. Can anybody help me to not want this deck. I love the art.
mmm... that Bohemian Gothic de-enabling all sounded suspiciously hollow... I can tell when people are lying. Even here.

But the Tarot of Sweet Twilight. Now there's one I can de-enable on. In fact, no-one can de-enable with more authority than I on this one as I am one of the few to actually have a copy (gloat, gloat over cr*p deck; not sure how much it is worth gloating over, but anyway...)

Mojo; are you a 13 year old girl given to sudden crushes on boys who never seem to look at you?

If not, then this deck will have no answers for you. It has no other language, other than that of teen witches. I only have it coz I got carried away on the hype and by weird default ended up being able to buy one without any hassle. Then it got difficult to find.

But seriously, all the squeeling and fainting over on the thread of this name, is only - I swear - because it isn't easily available. Just watch it sink without trace once it becomes more widely available...

(Nisaba. Liber T? Er... it's difficult. Is that de-enabling enough?)

nisaba

Le Fanu said:
(Nisaba. Liber T? Er... it's difficult. Is that de-enabling enough?)
Grf. Always the afterthought, never the bride.

Of course, weddings - especially hypothetical weddings of my own - fill me with horror, so that's just fine.

Er ... what did you mean "it's difficult"? De-enabling me on it is difficult, or it's a difficult deck?

Do I detect some subtle enabling going on? Or am I just overly suspicious?

Alta

nisaba said:
Er ... what did you mean "it's difficult"? De-enabling me on it is difficult, or it's a difficult deck?
It is a complex deck, meaning a lot of thought went into it. If you don't want to spend hours pouring over Scion's "Coles Notes for the Liber T" get something less difficult.

Le Fanu

nisaba said:

Do I detect some subtle enabling going on? Or am I just overly suspicious?

Difficult as in it is a difficult deck. But you know - people like a challenge and so forth....

And, yes. Be suspicious. Be overly suspicious :D

nisaba

<grin> Thank you, both of you. Alta: is there a reason why Thothian knowledge won't work for it?

Le Fanu

nisaba said:
Alta: is there a reason why Thothian knowledge won't work for it?

Not Alta, but I'll answer anyway. It has the Decans throughout the Minors and the Thoth (to my knowledge) doesn't have it so extensively. It also uses a lot of mythological symbolism which the Thoth doesn't have. To be honest, familiarity with Thoth only really helps you in the Majors. For the Minors, you're very much on your own (with Scion's notes to help you..)

Aerin

That Spill.

Oh, so very pretentious. I can just imagine all the 'yes darling it's wonderful, so NOW, so MODERN... you've captured the human spirit' waffle waffle insert more pretentious tripe here.

Aerin

ps Liber T. Bestiality. Violence. If you are into extreme S&M you may love the images. Otherwise, not so much.

FatesLady

Le Fanu said:
mmm... that Bohemian Gothic de-enabling all sounded suspiciously hollow... I can tell when people are lying. Even here.

Agreeing on this point. Still thinking dangerous thoughts. Hmm..