All new de-enabling thread

Vesper

Piermont Visconti

I'll talk trash. Please provide links, if you want the trash-talkin' to be specific. I don't know a Piermont Visconti from a set of lug-nuts. (Don't ask me to rotate your tires. If I get drunk and offer to, say no.)

General de-enabling:

1. If you're on this thread, your heart's not in it, yet.
2. Or you can't afford it.
3. "Rounding out your collection" is not a good reason to acquire something.
4. You have good, even great decks, that are not getting their share of usage.
5. You occasionally get panicky by the fact that you can't possibly use, read, eat or wear all the stuff you already have.
6. If you had to trade one of your current decks for it, which one would you trade? A treasure? Or a "hate this; never use it" deck?
7. Which would you rather have: An amazing, blow-out bash of a party, or this deck? A sweet vacation, or this deck? Studies have shown that people least regret the money they spend on experiences, rather than objects. Will this deck be an object for you, or an experience?

conversus

evelone said:
7. Which would you rather have: An amazing, blow-out bash of a party, or this deck? A sweet vacation, or this deck? Studies have shown that people least regret the money they spend on experiences, rather than objects. Will this deck be an object for you, or an experience?

I'd say that this represents truly Advanced De-Enabling, evelone, not merely the general sort. Quite the Executive Insight!!!

If we challenged ourselves with this really insightful question most of the work of this remarkable (and tireless) thread would be done.

OTH it is very good to know that there are caring people out there who will step up when help is really needed.

CED

conversus

Regarding the Visconti-Sforza Pierpont Morgan Tarots:

I don't know if you can exactly feel good about not being able to afford something, even a deck like this. I mean could one ever feel good about not being able to afford transplant surgery, or dialysis?

I deeply hope that you are not facing that situation.

What you can feel good about is that you can afford to eat ; sleep in a welcoming and secure place ; avoid the debt police ; etc. etc.

At least this is my profound hope for you today and every day!

More importantly, you are surrounded by many friends who love you.

Every one of us NEEDS Bread and Roses!!!
When the time is right, who knows what you will be able to afford, what amazing treasure might present itself; but I may be veering way off topic.

If I have gone too far, here, please forgive me and let me know. I promise to be better in future.

CED

Debra

nisaba said:
How 'bout the Piermont Visconti to add to my collection of Viscontis?

If you can't spell it right, you can't have it. :p

nisaba

evelone said:
6. If you had to trade one of your current decks for it, which one would you trade? A treasure? Or a "hate this; never use it" deck?
Well, duh! Why do you think I keep the trashy ones? You always trade off the lowest in the ranking, progressing upwards only when you run out of trash.

evelone said:
7. Which would you rather have: An amazing, blow-out bash of a party, or this deck?
<quickly> This deck. In fact, any deck at all.

evelone said:
A sweet vacation, or this deck?
<almost as quickly> This deck. In fact, almost any deck.

evelone said:
Studies have shown that people least regret the money they spend on experiences, rather than objects. Will this deck be an object for you, or an experience?
All decks are experiences, even the really horrible ones.

You're supposed to make me feel GOOD about not being able to afford it, not compound my longing by comparing it with things that really don't attract me at all ...

nisaba

conversus said:
Every one of us NEEDS Bread and Roses!!!
<scrambles through collection> I have a Sacred Rose deck here, as it happens. <glances at kitchen door> I don't have bread, currently. <grin> Poached eggs with cumin and black pepper, anyone?

Bread (or even eggs) feeds your body for a day. Tarot decks feed your soul for a ... <oops>

<wilts slightly>

I'm not getting good de-enablement here, folks!

nisaba

Debra said:
If you can't spell it right, you can't have it. :p
Slightly better. I can see Embarrassment far away, waving to me from the horizon ...

truelighth

nisaba said:
How 'bout the Piermont Visconti to add to my collection of Viscontis? I'm in imminent danger of ... well not buying it, exactly, as I'm broke ... but I'd certainly like to be able to feel good about not being able to afford it.

Don't know if this will be good de-enabling or not. But get this deck to add to your collection of Visconti's? If you already have a bunch of them, why do you need one more? You really don't. Your other Visconti's would get jealeous!

Btw, it is also not really clear to me which Visconti you want de-enabling on... Pierpont Visconti is just a bit too general. So I agree with Debra! })

truelighth

I just looked at your list and I see you have the Il Meneghello and the Dal Negro Visconti. If it is the Pierpont-Morgan Tarot by US Games you are talking about, you definately don't want it. It is basically the same as the two you already have. Except that the Dal Negro and the Il Meneghello are just much nicer! Why spend your money on an inferior copy of a deck you already have twice?

Oh, and if it is the Visconti Tarots by Lo Scarabeo, they you certainly don't want it... all that gold just ruins the authentic feel :D.