When The Pendulum Is Wrong...

Sophie

When you are too emotionally invested in a question, it takes a LOT of detachment to get the pendulum to work correctly. Otherwise, it just gives you what you want to hear. That's why finding lost objects works so well - nobody is emotionally invested in finding their ring in the bathroom rather than the kitchen sill.

So if you want to continue using the pendulum for yes/no question (or any similar dowsing instrument, like rods), you have to practice detachment. I'm not there yet myself :laugh:. I've had more success with dowsing rods. But I like the pendulum for other uses. As well as dowsing and finding lost objects (in small spaces! - useless in large outdoor spaces) - it's also useful to diagnose chakra imbalances, either directly on the person, or on a chakra chart. It's also good to find out if a food is good for you to eat.

Dancing Bear

I agree with fudagazi
emotional detachment is vital when using the pendulum..
I use my pendulum with a cloth ouija and still practice detachment. as it can be extremly difficult sometimes..
But acheivable..

try asking guides to help you out even if you are connected to them or not..
i get better results and find it easier to detach.

flissiebell

use of the pendulum

hiya
i brought a smokey pendulum a couple of weeks ago, that i thought was for myself, however it turned out to be for a friend that would have never brought one.
when i asked the questions we found out it was answering for the sake of it, this crystal had made a choice that it wanted my mate. Most of the questions she has asked has come ture she asked if i had the right crystal and it said no when she asked if she was ment to have the crystal and was it true crystal it said yes.
so it does denpend on if you have your true pendulum be it a crystal or whatever, im yet to find my true crystal.
with hers she can get the crystal to spin without speaking a word, an she can also count to 10 wen she gets to 10 it will stop with very little movement. i was shocked to she this. amazing stuff.