Mystic Fairy Tarot Discussion Thread (2007 and 2009 threads merged)

Skydancer

I think of the little bubbles as part of the "water world" = emotional, and also as just plain atmosphere!!

I'm not "in love with" this deck, but I do like it better all the time. I think there is a lot in here that has yet to be discovered. I just feel that it will unfold it to me as time goes on.

Later then ~~
*S*

willowfox

Why is it that blackberries and acorns are portrayed in the pents suit, why those two in particular? I thought acorns were inedible anyway whereas hazel nuts are edible. I have seen numerous other fruits that grow wild, so that is why I am wondering why blackberries and no other fruit are depicted, except what could be grapes.

Enchanted

I'll try and catch up and join in this study group where I can. I bought this deck without intention. I actually went into the store for a book to read on the bus on the way home :D but walked out with this deck. It called to me from the shelves, buy me, buy me! :D Being so weak-willed I gave in to the temptation.

I don't really understand why others are freaked by the Froud's Faeries Oracle. OK so it may have given me a playful kick in the pants a few times, but it wasn't anything I didn't deserve, or grudgingly admit to. Grumble, grumble, rant, rant! I still use the book a lot with these, but they really get to the core! Damn, Fee Lion, alright already, I'll tie up those loose ends! :D

I like this deck because of the stories that run through the minors, I like that it is appealing. Also I did a reading with it, that is in the book, the faery ring, and while giving me a swift kick in the pants, it also made me laugh at myself, which I think is a great thing!

I like what you have to say about the bubbles, as I did wonder about that. I wondered if it didn't pander to their playfulness, like children blowing bubbles through a plastic ring. When kids do this, they do it with such joy and playfulness and they always wanna catch the bubbles and squeal with delight.

Belinda

I would love to join in on the study, I also bought this deck without intension. I took a friend of mine into Borders with me who is a bit of a personal project, helping him to grow into all facets of his life (he was and still is a little oblivious to everything in this world that is good and comforting). So I went in to find a new book but when I passed by that I thought I might as well let him see all the decks since he has no exposure to this. This one just jumped into my hand and I couldnt put it down, I saw another deck I've been wanting for awhile but this one would not let me go so really I was forced against my weak will to buy it hahaha.:D
I've done two readings so far and its been very spot on so I'm looking forward to really diving into this deck.

Would the Acorns that are thru the Pents maybe pointing to the life of the Acorn? Once planted, it takes time and lots of hard work for this to grow into a wise and mighty oak that can stand the test of time. Maybe, Maybe not but I just thought I'd throw that out :)

Muir Aingeal

Is this thread still active? I'm a tarot beginner and I'm learning on this deck. I love it!!

Sulis

Molly Kate said:
Is this thread still active? I'm a tarot beginner and I'm learning on this deck. I love it!!
Yes it is and you have a PM :)

Raven134

New to this Deck

Hi All,

I'm pretty much a newbie… and new to this deck… but I absolutely love it!!! I haven’t seen another deck quite like this and want to study it more. I would love to join the group, if I may?

Blessings to you all.

willowfox

Unfortunately this study group seem to be on vacation these past few months, a shame as this deck is quite special in its own way, quite unique shall I say.

Moonlit Dreams

Humbled

I'm a bit new to the A.T Forum but not new to the site overall..I've had my Mystic Faerie deck for nearly four months now and I seem to have grasped it fairly well already. I'd love to join the group in order to learn new things about the deck that I may have once overlooked...and delve more into that which I already know about the deck.

Suliwyensis

I too would like to join this group as I have just bought the cards. I at first bought them because I liked the artwork, which tends to be the main reason I buy any of them, but I have found these cards to be really interesting. The first reading I did was the most accurate I have done so far and it stunned me into wanting to learn more with other people so of course I came to Aeclectic Tarot ;)

It does seem to be a bit of a slow forum this, but hopefully it will pick up again :D