Carrying my soul in a box

blackairplane

Hello all,
I am having a spell of not being able to be on AT much because of work and work travel. In fact after today, I wont be around until June 12, but I wondered if anyone was around to interp my weird dream I had just now.

I was traveling in an old 1950's flatbed truck ( a truck made long before I was born) in an prarie type area like the pampas of Argentina. I felt I was in a foreign county. I was sitting on the tail of the bed of the truck with my legs hanging down and the road was bumpy. I did not know the driver.The landscape was flat and there were cows fenced on either side of the road. I was with someone else I can't remember, but with whom I was close and on good terms. I was carrying in my lap two wicker suitcases about the size of a lunch box or large cosmetic bag. Inside these two baskets were souls. They were the size of mice, and I don't know if they were alive or dead, just that they resembled exactly the people who they belonged to, but in minature. In one case was my own soul and in the other were the souls of my unknown companion and another. I was safeguarding them.
We went over a bump and my soul fell out onto the pavement, with a tiny splat like if a mouse fell out of a cage from a moving car. My companion said " Did you hear that? " but I had and I looked and saw the little tiny doll-like soul of myself on the road moving way from us as we drove.
I asked the truck driver to stop, and he reluctantly did so. During the dream I had the feeling he was reluctantly carrying us in his truck anyway.
I was running down the road to retrieve my soul which I could see, but not in any great detail. I was eager to get a look at it. At no time was I ever worried or concious that it was either dead or alive, or sick or well, I just wanted to keep it with me.
As I was running toward it a small group of loose cows rambled onto the road and one of them put my soul into its mouth and chewed on it. I was frantic that it would get eaten and disappear, but the cow decided it didn't like the taste and spit it back onto the road. I was getting nearer and started to reach for it and look at it and my dog who sleeps on or beside my bed barked (in reality) and woke me up.

WTF?????????

Anyone else out there ever have their soul rejected by a loose cow? :laugh:

BrightEye

Maybe your dream is a reflection of the work-related travelling you do in real life? Do you feel it is soul-destroying? Do you think your work prevents you from looking after your soul?

rhombchick

I've no idea what your dream ment.... but it was awesome to read about!!!
Still LMAO!!! Rejected by a cow.... damn!

celticnoodle

I'm not too sure what this wierd dream could be symbolizing either, but generally I look for specific things to find out what they mean symbolically.

doing that, the cow is generally symbolic of your mother, as well as being symbolic of being grounded and having patience. It can also indicate beginnings for you.

this is just a start of trying to figure out the meaning of the dream--maybe this will help you to figure it out.

franniee

IT's interesting that the cow tasted your soul and spit it out. I have no idea what this means. It is fascinating, though.

lark

blackairplane said:
Hello all,
I am having a spell of not being able to be on AT much because of work and work travel. In fact after today, I wont be around until June 12, but I wondered if anyone was around to interp my weird dream I had just now.

I was traveling in an old 1950's flatbed truck ( a truck made long before I was born) in an prarie type area like the pampas of Argentina. I felt I was in a foreign county. I was sitting on the tail of the bed of the truck with my legs hanging down and the road was bumpy. I did not know the driver.The landscape was flat and there were cows fenced on either side of the road. I was with someone else I can't remember, but with whom I was close and on good terms. I was carrying in my lap two wicker suitcases about the size of a lunch box or large cosmetic bag. Inside these two baskets were souls. They were the size of mice, and I don't know if they were alive or dead, just that they resembled exactly the people who they belonged to, but in minature. In one case was my own soul and in the other were the souls of my unknown companion and another. I was safeguarding them.
We went over a bump and my soul fell out onto the pavement, with a tiny splat like if a mouse fell out of a cage from a moving car. My companion said " Did you hear that? " but I had and I looked and saw the little tiny doll-like soul of myself on the road moving way from us as we drove.
I asked the truck driver to stop, and he reluctantly did so. During the dream I had the feeling he was reluctantly carrying us in his truck anyway.
I was running down the road to retrieve my soul which I could see, but not in any great detail. I was eager to get a look at it. At no time was I ever worried or concious that it was either dead or alive, or sick or well, I just wanted to keep it with me.
As I was running toward it a small group of loose cows rambled onto the road and one of them put my soul into its mouth and chewed on it. I was frantic that it would get eaten and disappear, but the cow decided it didn't like the taste and spit it back onto the road. I was getting nearer and started to reach for it and look at it and my dog who sleeps on or beside my bed barked (in reality) and woke me up.

WTF?????????

Anyone else out there ever have their soul rejected by a loose cow? :laugh:
I did some symbol work for you so maybe you can put this dream into some perspective in your life..it sounds to me work related but only you can be the judge of that.
Flatbead truck...is a heavy load you have to carry
Prairie ...is a clear path ahead for you
bumpy road...clear yet with small frustrations and inconveniences
The bumpy road is what makes you soul....your vital essence, your true self fall out onto the road.
You carry your soul in a wicker.....symbol for being ingenious and resourceful...
size lunchbox....a lunchbox is a symbol of getting as much done as you can in a short period of time...but this is temporary...it can also have to do with cutting financial cost.
Your soul is the size of a mouse...a negative aspect that has come into life lately.
And it looked like a small doll..a symbol to take a good look at relationship motives in your life.
So a cow....a symbol of compassion either given to you or expressed by you
Picks up your soul and in it's mouth.
Mouth a symbol of communication.
And chews it.....chew is a need to give some deep thought to something.
Then the cow spits it out...rejects the thought...or the need to communicate the thought.

Hope this helps you figure it out some.

blackairplane

BrightEye said:
Maybe your dream is a reflection of the work-related travelling you do in real life? Do you feel it is soul-destroying? Do you think your work prevents you from looking after your soul?

No, I don't think so. I love to travel for any reason and would be happy living out of a suitcase.

blackairplane

rhombchick said:
I've no idea what your dream ment.... but it was awesome to read about!!!
Still LMAO!!! Rejected by a cow.... damn!

Yeah, just call me blackairplane the cud.

blackairplane

celticnoodle said:
I'm not too sure what this wierd dream could be symbolizing either, but generally I look for specific things to find out what they mean symbolically.

doing that, the cow is generally symbolic of your mother, as well as being symbolic of being grounded and having patience. It can also indicate beginnings for you.

this is just a start of trying to figure out the meaning of the dream--maybe this will help you to figure it out.

My mother and I get along, but I am certainly not to her taste! That could be it, but she does not have much to do with my day to day life we live far apart and talk only occasionally.

blackairplane

lark said:
I did some symbol work for you so maybe you can put this dream into some perspective in your life..it sounds to me work related but only you can be the judge of that.
Flatbead truck...is a heavy load you have to carry
Prairie ...is a clear path ahead for you
bumpy road...clear yet with small frustrations and inconveniences
The bumpy road is what makes you soul....your vital essence, your true self fall out onto the road.
You carry your soul in a wicker.....symbol for being ingenious and resourceful...
size lunchbox....a lunchbox is a symbol of getting as much done as you can in a short period of time...but this is temporary...it can also have to do with cutting financial cost.
Your soul is the size of a mouse...a negative aspect that has come into life lately.
And it looked like a small doll..a symbol to take a good look at relationship motives in your life.
So a cow....a symbol of compassion either given to you or expressed by you
Picks up your soul and in it's mouth.
Mouth a symbol of communication.
And chews it.....chew is a need to give some deep thought to something.
Then the cow spits it out...rejects the thought...or the need to communicate the thought.

Hope this helps you figure it out some.

I do carry a heavy load, but don't feel my path is particularly clear. I have been hurrying to finish things, and yes, I am fairly creative in getting things done. Lots of negatives in my life in the form of others causing me troubles.
I will have to think on what I am suppossed to think on...:laugh: