My little brother

scheherazade

My brother Jheru is your typical thirteen year old teenybopper, despite being a good person in who he is. He came to me today with a problem... not a problem, really, but he told me that he's been knowing things before they happen. For example, a girl in his school gave him a look, normal as can be, and he somehow thought that she might be talking badly about him. He wrote it off, until the time when he found out for sure that she was.

Then he was in Spanish, and something in him dreaded that his teacher would assign them a long, tedious project... which she did, and he'd heard nothing about it. Then he saw a mushy couple in the hallway and thought they would break up... he saw the girl crying the next day, and he found out that the boy had dumped her.

Now, my brother came to me because he knows that I read Tarot and I might be of some advice to him, because although he thinks this situation is rather interesting, it is still creeping him out a little, poor kid. I was surprised to hear this from him, because not even I have foreseen things on such a consecutive basis; my premonitions have come in dreams and dejavu.

What do you think is happening to my brother? Is this part of his maturation, to have his intuitions sharpened?

Genna

Hi!Maybe you could assure your little brother,that being open to your intuitive side is a good thing,nothing supernatural or "creepy",like he feels now,but a natural gift.I believe,long ago,most intelligent people had access to the gifts of intuitivity,empathy,and even telepathy,but then we lost belief in them,and so,people don´t care to develop them.
People tend to be wary of what they don´t understand,so if he showed he knew more than others about the future,he might be treated badly.If he feels he has to warn about something,like a very bad accident,maybe he could discuss it with you first,and then say"I am worried this or that may happen",of course,depending on what it is,he might need some help with who to talk to,what to say, et cetera.
All in all,your brother should be proud and happy about this gift,and stay open to it.My two cents.
BTW,have you thought about getting him a tarot deck or an oracle deck for children?I would suggest;"The Inner Child Cards" by Lerner and Lerner.That might help.I wouldn´t give such a young child an ordinairy deck like "Whimsical Tarot",or "Hanson-Robert´s",even if some do.This would not be for fortune-telling,but for developing his intuitive side,with your,or his parent´s help.
You could also help him start a dream journal.

RingTheory

He's 13, so I'm not surprised. He's developing overall, even psychiclaly. He's becoming more aware of the world and of himself.

What that'll do is scare the hell out of him, like what's happening. Just another thing to be self-concious about, though it is a good sign he confides in you. He trusts you.

I was raised pagan, so I did have tarot decks at 13, and knew how to read. I had these kind of intuition leaps at 15, then around 22. The second time was much easier, since I was much older.

I guess, since peer pressure and conformity peaks around the early teens, he'd be better off just keep these intuitive things to himself, or share it with you.

Genna is right;he has a gift that may look like a burden now, being another thing to make him "different", but if he'd develop it further, by whatever means, would greatly be to his advantage.

scheherazade

Yes... that does make sense. He jokingly calls my tarot reading "working with the dark arts," and although he doesn't mean it, he still is scared that he will be thought of as a freak - he hasn't told any of his friends about this. Thanks for the advice... Part of me wishes that I was able to have the gift that my brother seems to have, but then there's the responsibility.

zorya

i remember when i was in grade school, and started 'knowing things' it was really really scary! sometimes there is the issue of, 'if i know about something bad that's going to happen, why can't i stop it' or 'what is the purpose of my knowing if it doesn't help anything or one?'

i was lucky. the first time it happened i was at summer camp. it was the 60's so it was ok to talk about such things there. my camp counselor happened to be psychic. i cried and cried when it happened, but she was there to explain. imho, he needs someone to talk to about this. he probably feels alone and 'different'.

couple of years later, when i was around your brothers age. i saw my best friend with her mother in their car drive by. i knew that i had to stop them. i tried to chase after them, but they were too far ahead and didn't see me. at the end of the road, another car turned and hit them. sending both to the hospital. i had no one to talk to about it this time. i shut it off. i didn't want such a 'gift' anymore. it took years to get back to the place i was, when i finally wanted it back.

make sure he doesn't feel alone.

RingTheory

Yeah, I've heard of that happening, especially to girls for some reason, around the age of nine or so. All of a sudden, they get premonitions that can be terrifying.

Your brother and Zorya are what I consider to be naturally psychic. Ablity to see or know things starts to develop rapidly, with no apparent impetus.

Then there can be strange guilt when you sense danger, but are unable to stop it, like with that car wreck. Being so young dealing with such a complex matter, would naturally lead to a "shutting down" sort of defense mechanism.

I wonder what made you want it back. Probably just maturity, you went ahead a dealt with it, a coming of terms .

Alta

Hi, I think that he needs support and reassurance from you that what he feels does not make him 'different'. I think many people have those feelings but do not dare mention them. It would be too bad if he shut those feelings off, it would be better for him to develop them, preferably with a good person to guide him. Is it possible to look around for spiritual advice?

MeeWah

Scheherazade: Being supportive to your brother will help reassure him that what he is experiencing is actually normal! Based on the personal observations, such experiences can accompany the onset of puberty or be more expressive from then on (especially if one is prone to them from childhood).

I shut myself off at various times in my life because the second sight was seen as a "curse" by some family & friends--my relationships with most of them have been affected, & badly. There have been occasions when potential disaster has been averted or mitigated; other occasions where things could not be changed for whatever reason.

In part, I started early reading cards as a means of channelling this phenomena & to understand.

coldsuns

Oh?

I'm only 14yrs this year. I actually see things..or some sorts lof like your brother. But i usually know when i actually dont want to and when i want to know, i cant know? Hm..when it is going to rain, i usually have a sunny sky in the sky. And..once i said to myself, "If i saw cats today, i will be scolded by the teacher'. And i actually didnt saw any cats and never get scolded by teacher. Around the place i live actually has many cats. I everyday see cats but only that day i didnt. I wonder is concidence or the cats read my mind.

coldsuns

And..

Sorry..but i just remember that when in the afternoon my grandpa having great pain cause by cancer and jump off the building, in the morning i actually was thinking who will be the next relative die. I just happen to ask myself in that morning,"Who will be the next person i know die". In the afternoon when i reach home, my mum told my that grandpa commit suicide. I was so shock...