the all-singing, all-dancing ENABLING THREAD!

nisaba

Ever wanted an excuse to buy a deck? Ever been tempted but had the demon of Common sense sitting in your shoulder whispering evil suggestions that you should really save the money for something boring like ... say ... car registration or groceries? Ever wanted, really, really wanted a deck and yearned for it, but decided to be "sensible"?

Well, come here and have your desires acknowledged for the positive force they truly are in your life. Come here and hang out with people who won't judge you, who will nurture your natural and sane urges to sell everything else in order to fund more decks.

Come here and be enabled.

emmsma

Hooray! No more feeling guilty! No more buying a deck and thinking, oh my! I promised I'd stop with the last deck!

But, but, but.... I think I already got everything I really need.

Well, I keep looking at the Ogham-Celtic Oracle. Oh, wait. This is tarot.

I keep looking at The Meneghello Dotti...
And on a lesser note, I still don't have the Egyptian Tarot Mini or the Secret Tarot Mini.

nisaba

emmsma said:
But, but, but.... I think I already got everything I really need.
<horrified look> Wash your mouth! that's a de-enabling comment - this is the enabling thread! Jeez, I *was* going to welcome you, but the second post ever to be posted here *has* to be off-topic already. What a fantastic start. <wilts slightly>

emmsma said:
Well, I keep looking at the Ogham-Celtic Oracle. Oh, wait. This is tarot.

I keep looking at The Meneghello Dotti...
And on a lesser note, I still don't have the Egyptian Tarot Mini or the Secret Tarot Mini.

Well, I guess we can stretch a point of the O-C is all we can enable you on. you know, it would be *much* more satisfying to keep looking at it, if you had it in your hands and could look at all the images, feel them, move them around, caress them ...

As to minis, they should be compulsory. After all, they take up less room on the handbag, meaning you can carry three of them for every one normal-sized one (especially LS minis, which are really considerate that way!), and they take up *much* less room in the car or the office desk. And talking of the office, if you;'re doing a full spread on work time, it's much easier to hide the evidence with a mini-deck by sliding a file over the spread than it is with a regular-sized deck, which will produce a spread taking up much more room.

In fact, keep your regular sizes for home, and keep work and your car very well-stocked with minis of ALL your decks - you won't regret it. An' they're *so* cheap, an' all! What's not to love?

Nina*

Great idea! I'd like to get the Templar tarot, but am not quite sure if it's too expensive compared to how good it is.

Could someone convince me? :)

Wendywu

Me me!! Totally worth every penny - I had to pay an additional £15 customs duty on it and it was still so worth it I went and bought a backup straightaway. I am totally besotted by it. It's a kickass reader, looks wonderful and has so many different levels of meaning. It's just soooo worth all your money. Buy it now, right now, don't waste another minute.

MysticalMoose

I can enable on the Templar too :D (I think I'm gonna be much better at enabling than deenabling!) :laugh: ...The Templar is just fab, large UNBORDERED cards with the most fantastic colours & the art is just sublime in that kind of slightly eerie way, it really tells it like it is & gives you many more things to think about when you look at it again! I bought mine direct from Allan Chester's site when it was a little less expensive than it is now, but I think it's a deck well worth a few extra pennies as it is so unusual in appearance. Also the companion book The Templar Tarot Mysteries by Daria Kelleher featuring Allan Chester's art is well worth a read :)

MM :love:

Nina*

Thank you, guys... just what I needed to finally click the ''buy'' button. It's done!!! :D

:*

baba-prague

In homage to Gregory I'd like to give some general advice -

DON'T buy chocolate. You know it's bad for you. Decks will not make you fatter and they will also not damage your teeth (unless you chew them, which is not advised).

Take all that money that you would have spent on wicked chocolate - and buy tarot decks - which are not "wicked" packs of cards at all but very, very good for you.

You know it makes sense.

Nina*

baba-prague said:
In homage to Gregory I'd like to give some general advice -

DON'T buy chocolate. You know it's bad for you. Decks will not make you fatter and they will also not damage your teeth (unless you chew them, which is not advised).

Take all that money that you would have spent on wicked chocolate - and buy tarot decks - which are not "wicked" packs of cards at all but very, very good for you.

You know it makes sense.
*hides chocolate*

SO true!!!

Manda

I can so heartily enable the Templar Tarot. The artwork, combined with the borderless aspect of the cards, is completely easy to lose oneself in, and the imagery is so poignant and it is a fabulously under rated deck, in my opinion. And you have a money back guarantee, because if you buy it and don't like it, I will take it off your hands. I need a back up! :)