the all-singing, all-dancing ENABLING THREAD!

baba-prague

nisaba said:
(Charmed Tarot) I think my reply has to leave this thread. All I can say here, is she'd have to be really, really *good* at it.

I will have a shot at this. Do you have uneven floors (we certainly do have - there isn't a straight floor or wall in this place)? Do you have a table or desk that wobbles and needs something propped under one or two of the legs?...

You see where this is going, don't you? I think the Charmed has its uses. })

nisaba

<approvingly> Nice one. So ... do you own a copy? Would you let me rush out and buy it with my Fantastic Menagerie Budget?

Hey - one of those dragon decks I never liked until people started enabling tehm here - I could grab a small, curled-up dragon out of one of them and prop it under the lowest external corner of your house, Baba, to even things up! It could do double-duty as a watchdog, eating strangers. And in winter it could cuirl its head around into the house and save you money on your heating bills.

<shivers in mild Aussie winter>

<rushes out to buy dragon deck>

Wendywu

Ah but I use my beautiful things including the decks - I couldn't bear to put them away unused just to keep clean and safe.

It's like those poor toys that get collected and never taken out of the wrappings - I feel so sorry for them - they should be getting played with and being someone's beloved treasure - even if they do get broken and tattered.

So I can get the limited edition - yes?

gregory

baba-prague said:
I will have a shot at this. Do you have uneven floors (we certainly do have - there isn't a straight floor or wall in this place)? Do you have a table or desk that wobbles and needs something propped under one or two of the legs?...

You see where this is going, don't you? I think the Charmed has its uses. })
nisaba said:
(Charmed Tarot) I think my reply has to leave this thread. All I can say here, is she'd have to be really, really *good* at it.

OK. I can SO do this.

See, it is pug ugly.

It doesn't look like tarot.

The purple pendant is utterly - words fail me. (and so far it has failed to do what it claims on the tin...)

BUT

a) for those as care about these things) it is damn hard to find.

and b) - in the end I was obliged to read with it; people here insisted. I had it read on itself and its value as a deck. You know - it was spot on. Self deprecating, shy, embarrassed about its deficiencies. It KNOWS itself. Not a lot of decks can say that with absolute honesty. For that I was drawn to it. So many decks are conceited, bragging that they are the only one. Not this one. It waits politely to be called into service. It doesn't EXPECT anything from anyone. It is like that kid at the back of the class who is always ignored. Never pushy, never bullying, never laying claim to anything.

And of all my decks, it was the only one that showed an atom of kindness to the Power Animal when it showed up - and god knows that deck needs kindness - maybe even euthanasia. It is also generous to the less favoured in life, therefore.

And the card quality is really good :D

Suddenly I am quite fond of the thing. })

Jewel

*ROFLMAO* BRAVO Gregory!!!! Well done. Having been one of the members here that "encouraged" you to read with the Charmed, I am in awe of your response and honest effort in enabling the Charmed ~chuckle, snort, chuckle~.

You know it would be interesting for you to do a reading using both the Charmed AND the Power Animal ... who knows together they could be something really special, which could then motivate you to come enable us all on how we need to get BOTH decks and use them together :D

What say you????

As to Onyx's request for Shapeshifter enabling - I really love the whole shapeshifting thing (wish I could personally do it, but I only seem to go from normal weight to fat ... not what I had in mind in terms of shapeshifting). As with all of Lisa Hunt's decks, it is simply gorgeous, and there are a lot of details (faces, spirals, and stuff) in rocks, etc. that when they pop out at you can really add to your readings.

Like you, I have issues with the wands=air and the swords=fire thing, but as Faunabay recommended, if you really focus on the imagery itself and read intuitively with the deck you should really enjoy it. I also agree with her about the borders. They are less stark to me in person than online, then again when I look at those cards I am so drawn to the actual imagery that I don't even notice the borders. Do note that this deck has 84 cards, which means some extra Major Arcana cards ... again, read intuitively and do not expect it to be a RWS clone or "normal" (for lack of a better word) tarot deck. Treating it like an oracle can help both the extra cards, and the change in element between the swords and wands suits.

nisaba

I like this one - tell me why I should. It's the Celtic Tarot by Courtney Davis.

faunabay

nisaba said:
I like this one - tell me why I should. It's the Celtic Tarot by Courtney Davis.
You know, I've always been curious about this one as well. So I'm waiting to hear what others have to say about it too!!! :p

Le Fanu

nisaba said:

ermmm... it's got quite nice borders.... that's the best I can do, Im afraid... :(

Jewel

Celtic Tarot - Courtney Davis

faunabay said:
You know, I've always been curious about this one as well. So I'm waiting to hear what others have to say about it too!!! :p
I had it at one point. Sorry I cannot enable you ...