the all-singing, all-dancing ENABLING THREAD!

gregory

Alta said:
oooohhh!! Now hold on there! I can enable and be enabled as well as the next person, but give up caffeine for tarot, I don't think so!!!!

Enabling: buy beautiful boxes (I have several) this will cause you to buy decks to fill them.

:laugh:

Alta
OR - buy CHEAP nice (rather than BEAUTIFUL) boxes at Dollarama ($1.25) and have more money to buy the decks to put in them :D

Caffeine for tarot - I think I might..... It DOES raise cholesterol unless filtered..... hmmmm.

Revelations ROCKS. Wendywu - use it for the next ISG :D

Jewel

Wendywu said:
Hayulp!! I've been enabled by the piccies of a deck but I don't know its name. It has two pictures on each card so that either way up there is an upright picture. But they blend in the middle really well and are not seperate from each other. The cards are very colourful and quite busy. Does anyone know which deck i is that I am wanting? I'll buy it when I know what it is :)
~giggles~ Gotta love it! ready to buy a deck and don't know anything more than what two cards look like, yeah!

ShenYote, I think you are on to something with the cholocolate and cigarrette company idea *LOL*

I have been on the fence for a long time about the Transparent Tarot. I have seen it, held it, and I am still on the fence. I guess I don't totally grasp the whole concept of it. I understand how one can layer the cards and all that, but it just does not feel quite like tarot to me or something. The deck confuses me so much that I cannot even explain my reactions to it. I don't dislike it, it is on my wishlist, but I just don't know. Heck I might even be a bit intimidated by it and don't even know it! (that would be first, being intimidated by a tarot deck *LOL*).

Help me get off the fence, tell me exactly why this deck is so incredibly wonderful. What it can do. Why it is so much better than deck I don't have to stack cards to appreciate a full picture. Help me get my head around this thing. Please make the enabling substantive, I am seriously trying to understand what is so wonderful about this deck.

Alta

Thanks Jewel. Yes, me too.

I have considered this deck, handled other people's copies, had chances to buy.... and just didn't.

It is attractive but oddly off-putting at the same time.

Feel free to enable me along with Jewel.

Alta

Aerin

If you are the sort of person who has trouble sometimes blending (say) 3 cards into one seamless reading then the Transparent Tarot solves it in one stroke. Stick 'em together and you only get one picture. Also it is waterproof.

Aerin

Jewel

Alta, attractive but off-putting at the same time is a perfect choice of words. Glad you jumped in.
Aerin said:
If you are the sort of person who has trouble sometimes blending (say) 3 cards into one seamless reading then the Transparent Tarot solves it in one stroke. Stick 'em together and you only get one picture. Also it is waterproof.
Thanks Aerin. As I really I am seriously trying to get my thoughts around this deck I will respond to your post, as it might spark futher enabling posts or enabling discussion. I actually do not have problem "blending" or seeing connectinons between cards. I think one of the things that puts me off this deck is that it feels to me like there is a lack of imagery and color which are two things I draw strongly on when I read.

As for the waterproof aspect, innovative but not necessary.

Aerin

Ah, well that's where the putting cards together thing is ideal for you then.

Lots of detail, the more cards the more detail. And it is very clever because (especially in the case of the Majors IMO) they go together very well on top of each other in a rather beautiful way.

You can also spread them out overlapping each other.

I'm sorry if I came over as flippant, but really that's what I think. It is very clever, the way the pictures build up as you add cards. Personally I find that a little confusing what with all the different ways of putting them together but if you deal with loads of information well then it probably helps.

So I just put them on top of each other.

Aerin

ps well, people who drink a lot of things near cards might like the waterproof thing

gregory

The Transparent ? YES, each card is sort of minimal. BUT the possibilities you get when you lay them on top of one another are infinite.l It is quite extraordinary taking one card and interpreting that and then adding things over it; the perspective changes with every card. And then the next time - you pull even the same cards in a different order and so you get a different picture as they build, with possibly the same overall image at the end. it's FASCINATING !

And the spilled drink thing resonates with me. I HATE that I DARE not have a drink around when I read.... but I know (from spoiled books....) that this would be unwise.; Coffee and cards are NOT a good combo. But with the Transparent - no prob :D

Definitely one worth having. :thumbsup:

karenquilter

I like the ideas and the imagery of the Transparent Tarot, it's the feel of the plastic cards in my hands that I find off-putting. Anyone else have an opinion on the feel of the deck when you handle it?
K

Le Fanu

gregory said:
Definitely one worth having. :thumbsup:

Im up for enabling on this and anything whatsoever... but like Jewel, I need persuading... I suppose it's because Im not sure there is anything wrong with tarot being read in a linear way rather than superimposed.

Ive never even considered that the idea of "blending" might be a problem.

And also, everyone rates it, but no-one ever puts it in their top ten. Ive not read anyone say they can't live without it and need a back up etc etc. It's rated as an evolution in tarot, but I don't feel passion when people talk about it...

I keep seeing it (book depository and others) but have always held back. I think I may just wait ten years and see if it was as innovative as everyone said...

Sinduction

The Transparent is my must have deck! It has opened a whole new way of reading for me. I'm really much more intuitive since I started working with it. I do three card stacks and it's like discovering the tarot all over again.

I never get the same combination twice and so I never read the same way twice. It gets you to actually look at the image and how they play off each other. It has changed my reading completely.

In my profile, there is a link to my blog where you can read along with my readings. And I post pics of each card combo. I know I've enable a few people with just my blog.

I was on the fence about it too before I got it but it has just opened me up and now I can't enable more people towards it.

Go buy it right now! :D