the all-singing, all-dancing ENABLING THREAD!

AJ

karenquilter said:
I like the ideas and the imagery of the Transparent Tarot, it's the feel of the plastic cards in my hands that I find off-putting. Anyone else have an opinion on the feel of the deck when you handle it?
K
I think it shuffles beautifully, amazingly so.

shadowdancer

I can only add a shed load of praise for the Transparent

Jewel, believe me I was on the fence at best at one time - in general I thought it was over hyped, no use etc and had no intention of jumping on the bandwagon. Each card looked so plain and empty to me.

Boy was I wrong and I fully put my hands up to that. Rodney's daily draws got my attention and interest so decided to give it a go.

One deck then led to the two together as Rodney has. (chunky but workable)

I love it. You may have overlays but there are so many permuations:
straight overlay.
Overlay with cards reversed so one or more face the other way.
Overlay of one other card, or perhaps 3 other cards.
overlay at the corners, not fully.
Film strip of side by side.
Mixture of all the above...lol

I tend to dowse to establish:
how many cards
position of each of the cards.

I then realise as a whole there is a cool story there.

My only criticism, slight as it is relates to the courts, which don't have much variance to them.

I think this deck taught me to not be too judgemental, and to realise energies are not necessarily at their best when looked at in a linear fashion

Davina

gregory

Someone said their cards were sort of oily and when they had wiped them down it shuffled beautifully. I did not have this problem. Another thing - you get interesting results if cards flip horizontally..... Like - with Death's scythe pointing the other way..... Not just reversed. That makes for some very exciting new perspectives.

Onyx

Enabling the Transparent Tarot

I bought the Transparent with guarded expecations and loads of questions about how it would work for me.

Once I got it I have to say that there were more questions to ask than I could have imagined. It is a very intersting deck, shuffles like a dream, and provides endless oppurtunities to look for and at interesting card combinations.

Now this is a deck I don't use that much but am pretty sure I will always keep handy too. I took it to a pool party last weekend and it was a hit. The cards got splashed and I didn't worry. What I found is that little drops of water allowed the cards to stick together and that was enough to bond them so that they could be passed around and examined.

The Transparent is truly revolutionary and any serious student or collector of tarot needs one in their library.

The guide with the book is alws pretty great as well.

Onyx.

eta. My deck seems to have an issue with a strange smell to the cards. This has not been a issue I think with anyone else I know of but it does limit me on how long I can use the deck at one time.

Sinduction

AJ said:
I think it shuffles beautifully, amazingly so.
I agree. I tend to shuffle this deck longer than other decks. I enjoy it so much I forget there is a purpose to the shuffling!

truelighth

The Transparant Tarot, that is really a 'absolutely must buy' deck in my opinion. I just love it. I really love the minimal art on the deck. Even with very minimal pictures, Emily manages to convey the meaning of each card. That so me is already worth getting it. And it means that for anyone liking minimalistic tarots, it is a must-have. Working in layers and having the images enhance eachother is just another added bonus.

And just think about it, the Transparant allows you to put the cards over eachother and create whole new images and combine them. But you don't HAVE to. You can also use it as a normal reading deck, using the cards seperately. And even then it speaks very clearly. So you got two options of using it, not just one.

Ok, so I am biased, because it is most definately my most favorite deck of all the tarots being published last year. But well.. you asked to be enabled, and this is one deck I will gladly enable anyone for!

alpha_beta_angel

Went to the bookstore today, total lack of tarot...then I came across DruidCraft in the myth and fairytale section...odd how it wasn't in the "tarot" section.

Anyway, anyone wish to enable me on it?

MysticalMoose

ME , ME , Meeee! :D

You must must have the Druidcraft its just wonderful!!! :D ~ everything about it is good, the colours, the art...& the companion book is extremely well written & informative. The cardstock is good & it shuffles well - plus this deck has the most expressive & readable Court Cards that I have ever seen...It's been my firm favourite ever since I bought it & is probably my most used deck for reading :).

BUY ~ BUY ~ BUY!!!!! :party:

:love: MM

karenquilter

It's my favorite of the pagan/wiccan/celtic type of decks (I also have the Merlin, Faery Wicca, Sacred Circle, & Old Path decks).
K

hippiewitchie

MysticalMoose said:
ME , ME , Meeee! :D

You must must have the Druidcraft its just wonderful!!! :D ~ everything about it is good, the colours, the art...& the companion book is extremely well written & informative. The cardstock is good & it shuffles well - plus this deck has the most expressive & readable Court Cards that I have ever seen...It's been my firm favourite ever since I bought it & is probably my most used deck for reading :).

BUY ~ BUY ~ BUY!!!!! :party:

:love: MM

Yeah, what she said!
I looove this deck!