the all-singing, all-dancing ENABLING THREAD!

missy

gregory said:
I have held them in my hands.... :D

I like the Hearts the better of the two - it is something about the colours. I have no scans, I'm afraid - but I hope to have them in my little paws soon. Both are of LS's usual high quality - good card stock (sorry, Ric, but they ARE !) - nice packaging, and interesting imagery.... I am buying them; need I say more ? The Hearts are hard to shuffle - but who CARES ?

Thanks, gregory! :party:

Are the red borders really big in the Hearts? Or are they an okay size? :)

With regard to the artwork in Shining Angels, is it more sketch-like than the Hearts (I own Circle of Life by the same arist as the Heart Tarot and I love her art style; to me it is all-encompassing and very lush and beautiful with lots of detail) -- is the Shining Angels more watercolor-like, or less detail, with regard to art? Do you like the art as much in Shining Angels as the art in the Heart tarot?

Thank you!

gregory

I thought the Heart borders were fine. Shining Angels - I guess a LITTLE sketchbooky - but not to the extent that it puts ME off ! Sketchier than Circle fo LIfe, but also more realistic, in a way, I'd say.

I like the Heart artwork better of the two - but that is just me; tastes vary.

missy

Thanks, gregory! :party:

Because the artist for Circle of Life is one of my favorites, my preference will probably be the Heart Tarot also, although I guess I'll have to wait and see the Shining Angels deck.

For size, does it sound right that Shining Angels is 5 inches in diameter? I think that is what I read. Circle of Life was 4 1/4" diameter. I am fine with the larger size and hope that is what it is!

A question for all you guys who are familiar with Lo Scarabeo, what is the usual lag for Lo Scarabeo decks regarding availability in the U.S. versus Europe? This is my first time pre-ordering a Lo Scarabeo deck from Amazon U.S.

I read on Amazon (U.S.) it would originally be available Oct. 5; this has now been changed to Oct. 23. I have to assume Amazon will keep revising this but I don't know for how long. (Could it be a couple of months?)

What is the usual backorder time between getting them from Amazon in the U.S. versus ordering them from somewhere like Alida when they are available in Europe?

gregory

missy_ said:
For size, does it sound right that Shining Angels is 5 inches in diameter? I think that is what I read. Circle of Life was 4 1/4" diameter. I am fine with the larger size and hope that is what it is!
114mm, as I recall.... which is the same as CoL..... I could be wrong....

missy_ said:
A question for all you guys who are familiar with Lo Scarabeo, what is the usual lag for Lo Scarabeo decks regarding availability in the U.S. versus Europe? This is my first time pre-ordering a Lo Scarabeo deck from Amazon U.S.

I read on Amazon (U.S.) it would originally be available Oct. 5; this has now been changed to Oct. 23. I have to assume Amazon will keep revising this but I don't know for how long. (Could it be a couple of months?)

What is the usual backorder time between getting them from Amazon in the U.S. versus ordering them from somewhere like Alida when they are available in Europe?
AGES, in my experience. Llewellyn do it and they are not exactly speedy Gonzales. BUT - I don't trust amazon to work that fast when they hit the US, either..... if UK amazon is anything to go by...

missy

gregory said:
114mm, as I recall.... which is the same as CoL..... I could be wrong....

Shoot. On Llewellyn's site here http://www.llewellyn.com/product.php?ean=9780738719306 they say "5 x 5 IN" but maybe that is inaccurate? Or includes the box? Although I would think they mean card size.

They list the Heart Tarot as "4 X 5 IN" so I hope that is accurate!

gregory said:
AGES, in my experience. Llewellyn do it and they are not exactly speedy Gonzales. BUT - I don't trust amazon to work that fast when they hit the US, either..... if UK amazon is anything to go by...

Shoot again. "AGES" sounds like months. Might we be lucky to see the Heart Tarot by next Valentine's Day?

It sounds like the fastest way is to get them through Alida, maybe?

gregory

missy_ said:
Shoot. On Llewellyn's site here http://www.llewellyn.com/product.php?ean=9780738719306 they say "5 x 5 IN" but maybe that is inaccurate? Or includes the box? Although I would think they mean card size.

They list the Heart Tarot as "4 X 5 IN" so I hope that is accurate!

Shoot again. "AGES" sounds like months. Might we be lucky to see the Heart Tarot by next Valentine's Day?

It sounds like the fastest way is to get them through Alida, maybe?
Absolutely. Or directly fom LS.

ETA I guess Llewellyn might include the box.... The cards looked the same size as CoL to me - but I can't honestly say I would necessarily have noticed.... :|

nisaba

gregory said:
Absolutely. Or directly fom LS.
I think that's what they're aiming for - make that little bit of extra money for themselves. Don't let that stop you buying, though!

gregory

nisaba said:
I think that's what they're aiming for - make that little bit of extra money for themselves. Don't let that stop you buying, though!
Who - LS ??? No way.

Of Llewellyn I would believe it - BUT - they do at least do a decent job of managing LS products for the US; that counts for something. They just don't work that fast.

SphinYote

I....I....don't have an urge to buy more decks.....

What is wrong with me?!

*Panics*

Someone, anyone, enable me quick....my universe is about to implode!

Libra8ca

SphinYote said:
I....I....don't have an urge to buy more decks.....

What is wrong with me?!

*Panics*

Someone, anyone, enable me quick....my universe is about to implode!
Ok, calm down!! *this shall pass too*. Have you checked out the new All Hallows tarot? After all, Halloween is THE time of the year for tarot readings! I received the Kitty Kahane today and I never thought I would get this deck but now that I have it I can say it's just charming and funny!! I'm sure other ATs can help with more suggestions........