the all-singing, all-dancing ENABLING THREAD!

zan_chan

nisaba said:
Yep <brightening considerably>.

They don't all look dreadfully deformed.

Oh no, don't say that! I just got work from amazon that my Golden Klimt finally shipped. Remember about a week ago we had that thread going about it? I ordered it then and have been so curious for it to arrive.

Quick-- say something nice about the hideously deformed!

TarotGirlUK

nisaba said:
Ever wanted an excuse to buy a deck? Ever been tempted but had the demon of Common sense sitting in your shoulder whispering evil suggestions that you should really save the money for something boring like ... say ... car registration or groceries? Ever wanted, really, really wanted a deck and yearned for it, but decided to be "sensible"?

Well, come here and have your desires acknowledged for the positive force they truly are in your life. Come here and hang out with people who won't judge you, who will nurture your natural and sane urges to sell everything else in order to fund more decks.

Come here and be enabled.

I am sat here wondering whether I should plonk ALL my spare cash a Tarot deck :D I think I AM going to do it, no...maybe I shouldn't, um, ah f**K it why not!.....or hang on what if?.....Argh!

SarahRacheal

zan_chan said:
Oh no, don't say that! I just got work from amazon that my Golden Klimt finally shipped. Remember about a week ago we had that thread going about it? I ordered it then and have been so curious for it to arrive.

Keep a pie next to the deck and they'll love you forever!
(klimt that is)

Le Fanu

Klimt

zan_chan said:
Remember about a week ago we had that thread going about it? I ordered it then and have been so curious for it to arrive.

You know my thoughts on this deck (but beware of anti-climaxes). Maybe my notion of skinniness is different from everyone else's, but - really - I don't find anything deformed or off-putting about these bodies.

This is such an elegant deck. I continue to stand by my Golden Klimt & love it!

zan_chan

Le Fanu said:
You know my thoughts on this deck (but beware of anti-climaxes)

No worries there. After the discussion in the thread about it, I went straight off to the bookstore to look through one of those giant, glossy art books dedicated to Klimt. That might have been an impulse purchase, but the deck was thoroughly researched and will delight far more than it will surprise I'm sure. (It's even my desktop wallpaper at the moment)

karenquilter

I thought that Klimt's artwork was very well adapted to the deck. It's a good tarot deck. I just am not that fond of Klimt's artwork, so I passed mine along.
K

nisaba

And, of course, of you have the Magpie Gene, all that lovely shiny gold is irresistible.

I know I've been the main detractor on the skinniness front, but even with that, it's a great deck. It works well, and the emaciated frames is one of the things Klimt's artwork was known for. It has a place of honour in my art-themed sub-collection, and should be the founding member of everyone else's art-themed sub-collection.

Zezina

I re-visited this thread today, and now the inevitable has happened...

I've just ordered Paulina Tarot and Tarot of Reflections.

:heart: *Z*

Moona

zan_chan said:

Exactly the same thing happened to me when I was reading that thread about Golden Klimt. I had been considering it for months, but now I´m very exited: My copy has been shipped from amazon too! :)

gregory

And I have been to tarotgarden...... My credit card screamed..... poor thing.