the all-singing, all-dancing ENABLING THREAD!

DeLightFull

Magical Forest anyone? I just perused the whole deck on taroteca... some cards I loved (that lamb, too cute!) and others left me lukewarm at best. Does anyone actually read with this deck?

gregory

God yes ! It is quirky and cute and friendly.
It's LOVELY.

cardlady22

I have an Amazon gift card to spend toward a new deck. I've had the 78 Doors and the Pirates by Lo Scarabeo on my wishlist for a while now. But, Briar Rose has called my attention to the Dream Enchantress. I'm coming to what really needs to be the end of my buying until after the New Year, so I want this deck to count! I'm at about 90 percent for the Dream Enchantress. Will I be happy?

gregory

cardlady22 said:
I have an Amazon gift card to spend toward a new deck. I've had the 78 Doors and the Pirates by Lo Scarabeo on my wishlist for a while now. But, Briar Rose has called my attention to the Dream Enchantress. I'm coming to what really needs to be the end of my buying until after the New Year, so I want this deck to count! I'm at about 90 percent for the Dream Enchantress. Will I be happy?
Yes. (Well, I can't GUARANTEE the Pirates.... but Dream Enchantress - absolutely.)

Was there anything else ? It's past my bedtime !

Sinduction

DeLightFull said:
Magical Forest anyone? I just perused the whole deck on taroteca... some cards I loved (that lamb, too cute!) and others left me lukewarm at best. Does anyone actually read with this deck?
OMG! This deck was one of those surprises.

I don't even remember how I acquired it but it reads like a dream. It is a must for me and I'm even planning on getting a back up copy too. That's how much I love it. :D

DeLightFull

Sinduction said:
OMG! This deck was one of those surprises.

I don't even remember how I acquired it but it reads like a dream. It is a must for me and I'm even planning on getting a back up copy too. That's how much I love it. :D

Well what do you know?! The magic must be in those eyes. :bugeyed:!

faunabay

cardlady22 said:
I LOVE LS's Tarot of Pirates. It just brings to mind Johnny Depp from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. And....it reads perfectly well too! It's so much fun to flip through the cards and have a laugh. But then you can turn around and do a spot on reading with it too!!!

cardlady22

Yeeessss, I have all 3 movies! The balance point is wavering.
2009, Dream Enchantress ~ 78 percent
2008, LS Pirates ~ 22 percent

And looking up the third,
2005, LS 78 Doors

It might be moving again. Drat!

gregory

I LOVE the 78 doors ! Death's great !

cardlady22

78 Doors is the oldest, done by Antonella Platano. I have other decks by her and love them!

Pirates, according to the description page here on AT, is done by Bepi Vigna & Arturo Picca & M. Benevento.
Is one of them the "author" of the LWB? Does having more than one artist make a noticeable difference in the feel, faunabay??

ETA:
janetboyer said:
Envisioned by Bepi Vigna, with Michele Benevento providing the art and Arturro Picca the bright coloring
Since the Dream Enchantress is new, perhaps it would be best to pick it up at a local bookstore? Now I'm at 50/50 between the Doors & the Pirates.