the all-singing, all-dancing ENABLING THREAD!

minrice

DeLightFull said:
Hey minrice, that was me! :*

Oh yes, so it was! I had Amary for the 5 of Pentacles Halloween exchange and then YOU for the last bag exchange. My bad...

nisaba

minrice said:
Do it, do it, do it!

Writing this I realize how much I myself want one, AND how close Christmas is...
Take your own advice, woman. You wouldn't want to wake up one morning, and find that the butterfly of opportunity had flown away, would you.

BTW, what are the backs like?

Amary

DeLightFull said:
Hey minrice, that was me! :*

Shhh, I LIKE getting credit for things I didn't do! :D

LotusSong

zan_chan said:
But not overly negative like a lot of other oracles.

Uh, could you please point these oracles out to me ASAP? 'Cause the reason I only own one oracle (with only two others on my wishlist) and rather dislike them as a whole is because most of the ones I've come across have no negativity in them at all. :| All rainbows and butterflies is just as bad as doom and gloom, IMHO.

gregory

tarotmama said:
I guess I just can't decide if I want the original version from Taiwan or the LoS deck of the Magical Forest. I am waffling about it. :D
Get both ! I have and never regretted it. They are the same but different... And it's nice to have some kind of LWB that I can READ !

minrice

nisaba said:
Take your own advice, woman. You wouldn't want to wake up one morning, and find that the butterfly of opportunity had flown away, would you.

BTW, what are the backs like?

I don't remember what the backs are like, or at least what the back of this card I have looks like. Must not have been too exciting, ha. I'm not sure where the card is, probably stuck in a book somewhere...
Delightfull, do you know what the backs looks like? The link on the site shows the deck with a soft, starry purple back.

So not funny Nisaba, I am on the brink, the BRINK of madness already about to cross over...no I would not want to miss the butterfly of opportunity however should I really follow it off the financial cliff? ;)

DeLightFull

Yes, the backs are that starry purple...not terribly inspiring but not horribly offensive either.

tarotmama

minrice said:
So not funny Nisaba, I am on the brink, the BRINK of madness already about to cross over...no I would not want to miss the butterfly of opportunity however should I really follow it off the financial cliff? ;)

This is pretty much the story of my life... :bugeyed:

nisaba

minrice said:
Let me remind you where you are. This is the all-singing, all-dancing ENABLING thread. Of *course* you should follow that butterfly of opportunity over the financial cliff! Thousands of perfectly respectable Fools do, after all. For any other advice, I frequent that other thread as well ...

chickandegg

I've been considering the Old English Tarot. The pictures are very cute and I like the overall look of the deck, but the Cups class is a bit of a turn off. Does the deck come with a book that explains the symbolism of the instruments that are being played (if indeed they are symbolic of anything??)? Is this deck worth it? (Or perhaps that's a foolish question, considering what thread I'm in...)