The iPod Shuffle Divination Thread!

MantraTarot

Okay, this divination technique sounds a little silly but I find it to be quite fun and insightful.

What I do is pose a question (i.e. "How will my weekend go?") and then I put my iPod on shuffle, click through a few songs, and at one point go, "The next song I click on will answer my question." Then the next song comes on and, either based on the title or artist's name or some of the key lyrics, I get my answer!

So I would like to offer these iPod divination readings to anyone who would like one. I will leave this thread open until I come back to edit it otherwise.

strangebrew

Oh what a fab idea!!! :D

I love music, so would love a reading...

My question...."some guidance around this relationship..is this an ending coming up or just a new phase"?

Thanks xx

MantraTarot

strangebrew said:
Oh what a fab idea!!! :D

I love music, so would love a reading...

My question...."some guidance around this relationship..is this an ending coming up or just a new phase"?

Thanks xx

::: she dons her earphones and begins to get into a funky trance :::

Let's see what thy prophetic iPod have to sayeth!!!

You got...

"Supersonic" by Oasis

This song is all about being true to you and taking some rather risky chances-- but chances that pay off! (Okay, it's also about drug use, but let's not concentrate on that aspect... :D )

Also, this part of the song stuck out to me:

"You can have it all but how much do you want it?"

Therefore, I would have to say that you have a choice to make. You can keep on in this relationship, and be caught up in the nonesense of it all and just have FUN (if you read the lyrics, they aren't the most profound and I suspect they are just a pretentious effort at rhyming), or you can realize that the end may be a blessing in disguise. After all, this song does have a lot of dysfunctional undertones in it....

Hope that makes some sense. :D

strangebrew

:D::D:HAHA loved your reply and totally LOVE bad boy Liam Gallagher:D:D

I kinda know what you mean......i am now gonna concentrate on the FUN part lol

BTW i dont do drugs....maybe I should start :D

Thanks a million, most interesting

xx

VenetianMask

It sounds like fun. I'd like to try your magical iPod as well.

Love,

VenetianMask

MantraTarot

VenetianMask said:
It sounds like fun. I'd like to try your magical iPod as well.

Love,

VenetianMask

Hi, VM! You didn't give a question, so a general reading it is! (If you have a specific question though, let me know and I'll do another.)

Ahh... I just turned on my magical iPod and the heartbreakingly beautiful "Cannon in D" by Pachebel is on. Love this song... but this is not your song! 'tis MINE! ALL MINE! ::: crazy look in her eyes :::

*ahem* Okay... moving on...

I shall begin the splendiferous shuffling process! Round and 'round the iPod shuffle goes... where it stops? No one knows! Erm... at least we will... in a second. :D

"What dose VenetianMask need to know right now?"

"More Than a Feeling" by Boston

Omg... I LOVE this song! (Well, obviously I do, otherwise I wouldn't have it on my iPod, now would I?)

This song just makes you want to get up and sing really loud and do air guitar and kiss someone really passionately, don't it? :D However, this song also makes me kind of sad. The lead singer, Brad Delp, was a tortured genius... he had so much grief going on inside and committed suicide via the BBQ method in a bathroom a few years back. Died so young at 55. Breaks my heart. So talented. Such a gorgeous voice.

"So many people have come and gone
Their faces fade as the years go by
Yet I still recall as I wander on
As clear as the sun in the summer sky"

This song is saying to you, VM, you shouldn't let the ones you love slip away from you. Recapture that joy, and go find your Marianne... or Gilligan... whatever floats your boat. :D

Hope that helps. :D

VenetianMask

MantraTarot said:
Hi, VM! You didn't give a question, so a general reading it is! (If you have a specific question though, let me know and I'll do another.)

Ahh... I just turned on my magical iPod and the heartbreakingly beautiful "Cannon in D" by Pachebel is on. Love this song... but this is not your song! 'tis MINE! ALL MINE! ::: crazy look in her eyes :::

*ahem* Okay... moving on...

I shall begin the splendiferous shuffling process! Round and 'round the iPod shuffle goes... where it stops? No one knows! Erm... at least we will... in a second. :D

"What dose VenetianMask need to know right now?"

"More Than a Feeling" by Boston

Omg... I LOVE this song! (Well, obviously I do, otherwise I wouldn't have it on my iPod, now would I?)

This song just makes you want to get up and sing really loud and do air guitar and kiss someone really passionately, don't it? :D However, this song also makes me kind of sad. The lead singer, Brad Delp, was a tortured genius... he had so much grief going on inside and committed suicide via the BBQ method in a bathroom a few years back. Died so young at 55. Breaks my heart. So talented. Such a gorgeous voice.

"So many people have come and gone
Their faces fade as the years go by
Yet I still recall as I wander on
As clear as the sun in the summer sky"

This song is saying to you, VM, you shouldn't let the ones you love slip away from you. Recapture that joy, and go find your Marianne... or Gilligan... whatever floats your boat. :D

Hope that helps. :D

OMG,the song's beautiful. As to your PRECIOUS "Cannon in D" - I've never heard it so you can feel safe :D

Hmmm...I looked up Brad Delp on Wikipedia. OMG - he died on my birthday. OMG - he wrote he was a lonely soul - that's how I've been feeling about myself for some time now. OMG - he commited suicide. I have depression and the thought of suicide comes to me from time to time - I've never ever thought about suicide before. I feel like nobody could ever understand me. I know this is all wrong and my thinking must be distorted. (It's not like I'm planning suicide!)

Your advice is spot on.

I honor the powerful magic of your iPod!!!

<<VenetianMask>>

MantraTarot

VenetianMask said:
OMG,the song's beautiful. As to your PRECIOUS "Cannon in D" - I've never heard it so you can feel safe :D

Hmmm...I looked up Brad Delp on Wikipedia. OMG - he died on my birthday. OMG - he wrote he was a lonely soul - that's how I've been feeling about myself for some time now. OMG - he commited suicide. I have depression and the thought of suicide comes to me from time to time - I've never ever thought about suicide before. I feel like nobody could ever understand me. I know this is all wrong and my thinking must be distorted. (It's not like I'm planning suicide!)

Your advice is spot on.

I honor the powerful magic of your iPod!!!

<<VenetianMask>>

Oh, VM *hug*. I'm sorry to hear that. The only reason why I mentioned/knew about the BBQ method is because I, too, at one point thought of it. Even tried it. Wasn't successful though, obviously....

ANYWAY... lol....

I'm glad the song meant something to you and gave you something hopeful to reflect upon. If you ever want to talk, let me know. I empathize all too well with thoughts and feelings of depression, so please don't ever do anything that would harm yourself, okay? I know you're okay now, BUT if you don't feel comfortable talking to me, and you need to talk to someone (i.e. suicide hotline, counselor, family/friend, etc.), please do it. Don't ever do anything drastic and stupid like I did. The world needs you here. :)

*hugs*

AmethystEyes

OH WOW!!!! I do that all the time! I didn't know other people did that too. I thought I was a little crazy for doing it lol

franniee

ooooo may I play? I love BOSTON!!! I had no idea the lead singer committed suicide! That is one of my all time favorite bands and songs.... I also love the "Cannon in D" by Pachebel. ;) Good choices!

But a question ..... ugh I don't know of one right now.... I can't think.... oh the pressure!!! :laugh: