Ouija Board

Celtic_Dragon

Has anyone thought that this is all in your head? That you're spooking yourself out? I mean I just read the Oujia board scare....warning me.... thread and it sounds like this person was letting her imagination run wild, or created some type of split personality in her head, after all this spirit seemed to have several shared characteristics (shock! gasp!). And I know it seems to be hypocrytical to believe in tarot cards and see Ouija boards as a hoacks but it's true.

*while insults are accepted, they're not appreciated :D
**although criticism is

HudsonGray

Thing is, the same type of posts come up on Magic boards & Pagan boards, enough people who use the things & dislike them far outnumber the people who use them & can ignore them as a game only.

I only 'used' one once, at a weekly get together with 8 or 9 friends. It went so-so, we didn't know who was actually pushing the thingie around, but I'll tell you, the 'energy' of the party changed in less than an hour & it was the ONLY time in 3 years that we parted with people yelling at each other. Usually we did D&D gaming, watched movies, did art projects or a number of other things. The Ouiji board went home with one & basically wasn't used again.

Maybe it's just a game, maybe it's not. But regardless, when the subject comes up on bulletin boards there's a lot of people who will step forward & caution those who think it's just a fun thing to try. You NEVER hear that kind of stuff said about tarot, oracles, runes, pendulums or any of the other divination forms.

WillieHewes

Celtic_Dragon: I'm convinced it's all in your head. I'm convinced most things are 'all in your head.' The future is all in your head. Split personalities are all in your head. Suicidal tendencies are all in your head.

Your head can be a very scary place, C_D. Do you really want it to get nasty with you?

Ouija can do that. It has in the past so many times, I really don't think we need more statistical data to decide it is basically a bad idea to try it. Stick to safer things.

Willie - who has been there

Aerin

WillieHewes said:
Celtic_Dragon: I'm convinced it's all in your head. I'm convinced most things are 'all in your head.' The future is all in your head. Split personalities are all in your head. Suicidal tendencies are all in your head.

Your head can be a very scary place, C_D. Do you really want it to get nasty with you?

Ouija can do that. It has in the past so many times, I really don't think we need more statistical data to decide it is basically a bad idea to try it. Stick to safer things.

Willie - who has been there

I'm 100% in agreement with your post. I, too, believe it is all in your head and psychologically based. Tarot and other divination systems, for me, are about just me and the cards/ pendulum/whatever - I don't invite anything else in. Ouija is different in what it sets out to do (for me), I scared myself aged c. 9 and I've heard so many stories since I never want to put myself in that position again and I don't intend to. I'm on good terms with my unconscious, and if it says it is a bad idea then I don't care about the reasons, I just care that it's a bad idea.

I won't take LSD either. And that's 'all in your head'.

Aerin

sagitarian

mediums

for years ppl told me i was a natural medium. spooky things happend around me all the time, cuburd doors opening n closing on their own, i'd hear people talking in the other room, see n hear ghosts (spirits) in the corner of my eyes, feel them everywhere. i started studying some areas of spirituality about contacting spirits, how to guard yourself against the unwanted spirits, etc. In my early years of discovering spirits, i also discovered a few of my spirit guides. I decided to use a ouija board once, and like many here, i had a bad experience, but that was b/c i didn't know what i was doing.

In the last 6 months or so, i've finally accepted being a "natural" medium. I'll be sitting in a room with some friends, talking a normal small talk conversation, and then BAM all the sudden some spirit is telling me to tell sally this this and this. Spirits truly don't understand (imho) that coming out of the blue and saying, yeah, "I really enjoyed that movie too, oh and btw...your dead uncle is here and wanted to tell you that he loves you very much smoochie poo" i mean???? it's JUST NOT convenient, and sometimes the spirits get impatient (they don't do anything except yell at me) but still, boy can they YELL.

I once told a person the dead is NOT quiet!!!!!

In any case, I feel that now if I was to do a ouija board, i'd know more about what i am doing, how to block the negative spirits, and honestly, I'm not trying to boost or anything, but with being a medium, I honestly don't have a need for the ouija, they come to me naturally anyways.

The only armor (imho) that you need is knowledge knowledge knowledge. Learn more about what you are doing before doing it.

The reason why so many people here feel safe with Tarot is b/c the tarot (usually) isn't contacting the other side, it's merely instinctual understanding, and developing yourself as an empath through imagery. I'm also an Empathic, and I use cards to block the unnecessary information to get to what is most useful for the querent to know about him or herself, their path, and the destination thus far. I can do this without the cards, but the information is chaotic, sparatic, and i'll see a multitude of things throughout the person's life, and ancestory. In any case, guard yourself with knowledge, learn what you are doing, and if you feel that the ouija board is right for you, then go for it. I see nothing wrong with it. You might be a natural medium as well, and find the ouija board to be your "teacher" in learning how to contact them in your own way until you don't need the ouija anymore.

knowledge knowledge knowledge!

xouroboros

An alternative to the traditional ouija board is one called a "Psychic Circle",which I believe is put out by U.S.Games.

I have pondered on the ouija board and I think its "negative" conotations actually derive from its geometrical construction.
It is traditionally a rectangle.
This could be its down-fall.
No one casts a "protective rectangle" that I've heard of,so the idea of creating one in the shape of a circle probably alters the "energy matrix" of the board itself.
This could all be wrapped up in Sacred Geometry.

...just a thought.

...namaste;
xouroboros

BoomVoom

a friend of mine in LA is into using Oujia boards and she dusn't have any troubbles with it.
she sais that the only thing is that you should do it either out side or in some place you don't live because of this haunting thing which can ocur on ocation. and that if you do happen to do it in your house you should try to purify the atmosfher with sandelwood before and after the ritual.
apparently you can get any kinde of spirit: evil, friendly, kinky, sad...
she also toled me that weather bad of good they usualy can't realy do anything bad to you, just on ocation appear in reflections or shadows.
so if that's your cup of tea, i say go for it.

BoomVoom

BoomVoom

by the way the Oujia truly only started out as a game. it wasn't believed that the board spoke to spooks!
the one thing that everybody says is DON'T DO IT ALONE!!! some say that it can screw with your head others say that it's just too freeky to talk to goasts on your own.
and if you do happn to get a bad goast you have to try to be firm in your voice and repeatedly ask it to go away, and slowly try to move the pointer to the good bye on the board.

BoomVoom

sorry forgot more info!

every board should have a hello and good bye, a yes and a no, all letters and numbers, stops exclamations etc.
the goodbye should always face west, and no one should EVER sit on the west side of the board.

BoomVoom

sagitarian

see? Thank you Boom Voom! My point exactly, if you know what you are doing, then it's not such a horrible thing. How often do you see tarot readers pulling out a deck of cards, and doing a reading for someone without knowing what they are doing first? NEVER, so why do it with a Ouija board? knowledge knowledge knowledge! Know what you are doing first before you go messin around with powerful spiritual tools.