Ouija Board

SharonElizabeth

sagitarian said:
How often do you see tarot readers pulling out a deck of cards, and doing a reading for someone without knowing what they are doing first? NEVER, so why do it with a Ouija board?

I have to put my two cents into this conversation. But first to react to this quote. All of us at one point in time did readings with a tarot deck with out knowing completely what we were doing or how it worked. But we did it, had a positive experience and came back to it.

What seems to be happening with Ouiji is many people try it, have a negative experience, and don't come back to it.

To react to the debate about Ouiji, it seems to me that if enough people with experience using this board decide that it's not something worth while, and in fact very negative, then perhaps there's something to it. All over this forum there are negative experiences and warnings against Ouiji, and many from people who have experience with other types of divination and spiritual communication. I don't doubt that other forums have the same thing.

I don't think that calling a spirit that has moved on to you is a good idea. That's just my opinion. Let them rest in peace. If they are not resting in peace, well, that's a whole different thread. I've seen threads on this board that deal with that, and nowhere in those threads mentioned using an Ouiji board to help them move on.

Personally, I've used an Ouiji board and not experienced any dramatic events that made me believe they were bad news. But there was a different energy to it than tarot. It was not a good energy. When I use tarot cards I feel I am tapping into positive energy. Ouiji had a distinctly negative energy.

For those thinking about playing with Ouiji, I would say go with the majority. Lots of people don't trust this thing.

LittleWing

my opinion on this subject - - - - - - -

i used to use the ouiji board for a long time - for divination, many years ago - and dont think i will use it again as i dont think it is for me.

yes i did get menacing spirits some of the time - but i have found that the horror stories come from INCOMPITANCE.

by this i mean - teenagers playing around, or people who dont know the 'big picture', calling on spirits, demons etc, without knowledge on how to handle the consequences.

People who give the spirit world the respect that they deserve, who are strong minded with good intent - seem to get on fine.

it is like life - we come across evil people, menacing people - but we are strong and do not let ourselves become drawn in or manipulated.

the tarot is not contacting the dead - however it has alot to do with the spirit of the universe - and all is one. there are 2 sides to everything - good/bad - comfortable/uncomfortable

i dont think we should judge those who choose the ouiji as a medium - i know people who are dead against tarot and say it is evil etc (my christian mother!!), and some say spells are bad, others know they are just prayers. as long as the intent is good - (otherwise it is you who will suffer in the long run)

HARM NONE ........ DO WHAT YOU WILL

LittleWing

i would also like to repeat what has been said on this thread

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

xouroboros

I would like to reiterate my thought on the physical structure of the Ouija board itself to elicit comments on this.

As each "thing" is a complete matrix (though that matrix is never static and under constant subtle transformation),the shape of the Ouija board itself may have a role to play in its "negative" attributions.

There are four corners to it which may allow mischievious/neferious entities to access the person(s) utilizing the board.

If the same printed layout were on a round board,would it have the same affects?

...just a thought

LittleWing

well i am not sure about the geometric significance of these shapes - however i used to draw out the board with chalk on a table - in a circle - with yes and no in the middle.

perhaps this is why i could always end my session successfully without spirits refusing to leave etc ??????????????

xouroboros

The subtleties of any given matrix may be of consequence to the totality of said matrix. If one alters a major quality/facet of a matrix,does this not alter the expression and/or the interpretation of the matrix itself?

Consider one's own beingness...what if your skin-tone was different than what it is now?
Would not that alter your expression of your beingness and the interpretation/reaction to your beingness by others?

Could this correlate to the Ouija also?

fairyhedgehog

I'm intrigued by what make the ouija board more dangerous than tarot, because there is one thing that is very clear and that is that more people have negative experiences with ouija than with tarot.

As someone who believes that the effects are psychological rather than spiritual, I can't help wondering why that is.

Any thoughts anyone?

HudsonGray

I can't help wondering if the affects are spiritual and not psychological....

Maybe both are true?

Macavity

fairyhedgehog said:
I'm intrigued by what make the ouija board more dangerous than tarot...
I think that is it, really. To be (admittedly) devil's advocate, WHY should the Ouija attract what is ostensibly a lower class... species of entity?

Macavity

callahwj

fairyhedgehog said:

As someone who believes that the effects are psychological rather than spiritual, I can't help wondering why that is.

Any thoughts anyone?

With the cards, any spiritual intervention is indirect, suble. With the board, you are actualy inviting something (anything, in fact) to take control of part of your body. Whether the spirit in question exists outside of your mind or not is fairly irrelevant. There are forms in the human unconsious that dwarf the ego and whether they have independent existence or not, they should be dealt with in the most indirect method possible unless you know EXACTLY what you're dealing with. Just my 1.5 cents after taxes,

Bill