Ouija Board

BoomVoom

HudsonGray

i know it's lateral thinking but the board is working on a 2 dimensional plane. so i supose one could imagin the spirit would integrate itself into that kind of existence in order to communicate.

any way i'm just saying what a friend who uses ouija as her medium toled me.
quite frankly i always thaught that was a bit odd to. like you said:
"Why can't a spirit just go up or down to get away? They're not bound by gravity or earth rules like we are."

as for destroying a ouija board,
we could also ask: why do we think that a cros can protect us.
why shouldn't we leave scisors on top of beds.
and on and on...

but then again we're on a sight wher the majority of people believe that cards chosen at random and strategically placed on a table are going to tell us the future.

LittleWing

no point in trying to figure out the unknown - and if knowledge is power, it seems one could find themselves powerless as we do not know any of this stuff with concrete proof.

make sense??? proberbly not

BoomVoom

all i can say is that all these crazy ramblings, aperently give results. my friend loves ouija and aparentaly makes sesions once a week with her friends who seam just as nuts about it as she is.
i supose if you're into ghosts and spirits, and aren't afrade of getting freaked out when the pointer mooves, go for it. if you think all these things help, great. if not, it's like i alwais say, in anything mistical, things only affect us in acordance to the atitude one has towards them.
if you believe all these precautions protect you, you're almost certainly protected.
if you believe that you can use a ouija and leave it in the middle of a sesion and burn it with out consequences, you probably won't have any.
if you don't believe in spirits or that the ouija doesn't work, it almost certainly won't.

so go ahaid. do what you will. if ouija is your thing, good for you.
have fun.

and BEWAAAAARE!!! ;)

HudsonGray

Wait...two dimensional? Like height and width but not length? Those are the three dimensions in the real world. Or do you mean space & time (those aren't classed as dimensions, technically)? Which two dimensions?

(Personally, I never thought crosses or holy water protected me, either, or rosaries, scapulas, throat blessings under St. Blaize, or any of those).

There's no concrete science here. None of this falls under something the scientific community can point a finger at & say 'we researched that'.

WillieHewes

Thanks BoomVoom, you're very helpful. That's a cool site too, if not very serious. Right, positive question, good one. Thanks guys.

BoomVoom

HudsonGray

how many dimentions is a plain made up of?
when we're working on a board, we are working on a 2 dimentional plane.
if you were to solving a maze on a sheet of paper you would be working on the same type of 2 dimentional plane. a plane that works on an x and y axes.

Centaur

BoomVoom said:
as for destroying a ouija board,
we could also ask: why do we think that a cros can protect us.
why shouldn't we leave scisors on top of beds.
and on and on...

Leaving scissors on top of beds? Isn't that a tad dangerous? ;)

C

Aerin

Centaur said:
Leaving scissors on top of beds? Isn't that a tad dangerous? ;)

C

presumably it is if you are in the habit of sitting down without looking first ;)

Aerin x

BoomVoom

make fun if you will!

but many a time was a scisor sat upon before the superstition came about!
*humpf*

;)

xouroboros

BoomVoom said:
HudsonGray

how many dimentions is a plain made up of?
In this plane of Existence,there are four known manifest dimensions - length,width,heighth,and time/space.

when we're working on a board, we are working on a 2 dimentional plane.
if you were to solving a maze on a sheet of paper you would be working on the same type of 2 dimentional plane. a plane that works on an x and y axes. [/B]
Though that may seem so,one is actually working in all four dimensions. the paper only seems to be two dimensional when one views it from directly above;yet in fact,it does have "thickness",no matter how infintissimal that thickness is. If it had no thickness,when one moved one's view from perpendicular to its surface to parallel to its surface in order to see it from the "side",it would actually disappear. Also,one would not be able to touch it ,let alone pick it up or make marks on it,because it would have no "substance",no depth.

So a Ouija board is a three-dimensional object and therefore,subject to the same parameters of this "universe" and its accompanying "laws".