Dream Inducers

Milfoil

Would anyone be up for some experimentation?

There are some things which are known to induce dreams/lucid dreams or make them easier to remember but do they actually work?

Cheese
Mugwort
Valerian
African Dream root
Apple Juice
Dark Chocolate
Bananas
Peppermint tea
B vitamins (large doses) (B-6 possibly??)
Ginseng
Ginkgo
Nutmeg

I would add Absinth to the list, every time I drink moderate amounts (2 shots) before bed, I have memorable dreams.

So, is anyone up for testing some of these on a regular basis and see what results you get?

Snake

I'll do the dark chocolate!

Ha hah ah a ha ah -- beat you all to it!

LadySquee

This is interesting. I'd like to try the cheese. What kind? Just cheese by itself right before bed or...?

red :)

i will give it a go !

i live in north queensland so i will try bananas . or should we try them all and see what results we all get ?

stefficus

there is nothing at all wrong with any kind of cheese consumed for any or no excuse at all. ;)

clary sage (smelled, not consumed) is good for that for many people, too.

LadySquee

Alright! I shall have some mozzarella before bed and let you know.

Nytebugg

I would be willing to try apple juice. Plus I have some clary sage essential oil I could try on another night.

Milfoil

Glad to see such an enthusiastic response. :)

I would suggest something along the lines of the following:

Keep a dream journal and pen by your bed to write down any dreams immediately you wake up.

Let us know whether you regularly dream and remember vivid dreams etc.

Decide upon one or two days of the week (pref one in the week and one at the weekend) where you will regularly consume the foodstuff before going to sleep (brushing your teeth of course after!!).

Note down dream information every morning, regardless of whether you ate the foodstuff the night before.

Note the difference in intensity, any lucid dreams (ones where you know you are in a dream and can make conscious decisions within the dream), the number of dreams and how easy they are to recall etc each day.

This should give a good indication over a month or so, as to whether the food consumed was regularly aiding dreams or their recall or whether dreams were pretty much the same as any other night.

Pick any one of the foods/substances you wish but stick to it for at least a month of the experiment before trying another.

The reason I ask for 1 or 2 days per week is that we have different sleep patterns based on stress and those who work weekdays may experience a different quality of sleep and dreams depending on whether they are working the next day or not.

The reason for doing this for a month or more is that the more longterm data, the better but also that women's cycles affect their dreams too.

Don't worry if all this seems like a bit too much hassle but if you still want to give it a go, please feel free to either add your findings as you go along (ie you can edit a single post to keep a journal) or post it all at the end.

It would be nice to know what you all plan to do though. ;)

Sophie

I'd like to try Undela Ziimhlophe (African Dream Root) - I'd need to ask a friend in Cape Town to procure me some - not readily available here :)

Will let you know when (if) I get it.

Milfoil

Sounds great Fudugazi

For those interested, you can purchase the lesser known herbs online:

http://psychoactiveherbs.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=161

However, for safety sake, you may want to check with a Dr first, make sure you are fit and healthy enough. Neither I nor AT endorses the use of any kind of illegal substance. Please check in your country whether this is the case first.

:)