Music? know any music for...?

LND

what are some good artists/albums to use tarot cards to

i also want to add, not just tarot cards but meditating and scrying

i don't know of any! i would love to get my hands on some

thanks

Mabuse

Energy Fools the Magician

I believe, but not absolutely sure, that Brian Eno was inspired by Tarot. I'm judging from the title alone, "Energy Fools the Magician" Eno created an oracle type deck called "Oblique Strategies" which appeared in the Richard Linklater film "Slackers"

Glass Owl

Engima

Massive Attack

psychicpsycho(:

Glass Owl said:
Engima

Massive Attack

awesome choice anything by boards of canada and AIR is good too.

Mojo Twin 2

This is a really personal choice. I mean, it's really dependent on the kind of music you like in general. You want to find music that causes a kind of relaxed and meditative state in you. All the suggestions here are good. Any of the Eno ambient music cds are great - ambient 1, ambient 2, music for airports. Roger Eno also has some fantastic music that is less electronic. There's a ton of good ambient music out there depending on your taste.

Deuter is a good one to look into - almost anything by him is good.

Curiously I am working on a Tarot Suite where I have a piece of ambient music for each card that is reflective of the mood of the card. I have 13 so far and it's been a lot of work. I love to play it while I'm working with my cards.

Utilize itunes and amazon to search deeper into this - use "ambient music" and start from there. Good luck!

alec...

harleyquinn

well it is a personal choice...

but i like enya, loreena mckennet(not sure of spelling),tangerine dream is really nice. but i also tend to listen to evanescence too. so it is taste and choice whatever makes u comfortable to sit and listen to.
HARLEY

Scorpio Kitten

Cocteau Twins are very dreamy and ethereal.

This Mortal Coil.

As said before, Enya, Loreena McKennitt, Massive Attack are all good ones.

Sigur Ros, definitely.

I also use just some regular ole generic meditation cds from Target. They're surprisingly good.

I'll post more if I can think of anymore to add!

Glass Owl

Oh, I forgot to mention that I use the iTunes Genius playlist feature to easily create playlists and often times it finds songs that I have completely forgotten about.

northsea

The Turn of a Friendly Card - Alan Parsons Project
maybe the Osho Zen tarot cd ( I haven't heard it)

Siri

Nightwish. I find them to be incredibly good for zoning into a trance-like state to focus on nothing and meditate/read to. Especially for meditation, I like to turn out the lights, light a candle or two, and put Nightwish on, and use headphones to listen, it gives a better quality of just being enveloped in the sound.

But that's just my personal preference ^_^