Does any one recognize this Rider Waite clone?

Welf

Yes please.... Being a RWS worshipper I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of images of maybe the Court cards or a person Major.... Just to see if they made the facial features look younger or older or the same as to what is seen in the regular RWS.

Welf

rwcarter

Welf,

Here ya go. Scans of random Majors and random Courts.

Rodney

Attachments

• RW Clone Majors.jpg
    RW Clone Majors.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 466
  • RW Clone Courts.jpg
    RW Clone Courts.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 392

Welf

Thanks for that... I spent a bit of time comparing the images you posted to the regular Rider Waite and it was good fun.... This clone version does have quite a different feel to the pictures on an emotional level to the regular one to my way of seeing and feeling it.

The Star takes on a totally different pose to the regular RW version and the number of stars in the sky vary... The King of Cups looks like he doesn't have the deeper hidden emotional (turbulent?) aspect with the calm still water behind him. Though I must admit I like the way the Queen of Wands looks in the clone, she almost looks pretty and cute.

For anyone who is interested.... Here is a picture comparison of the regular RW The King of Cups with this Clone RW version. And the same with The Star...

Welf

Attachments

• RWS King of Cups & Clone.jpg
    RWS King of Cups & Clone.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 305
  • RWS The Star  &  Clone.jpg
    RWS The Star & Clone.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 279

Alan Ross

The Star in this clone deck actually appears more similar to the Star in Paul Foster Case's B.O.T.A. Tarot than the Star in the RWS. The title bar in the majors also seems to have been influenced by the B.O.T.A.

http://www.wicce.com/bota.jpg

Alan

Cerulean

Soft illumination and stained glass as Connally

Tarot illustrations and I thank those who saw Builders of Adytum Tarot -style influences--I like Paul Foster Case variations at times. Subtle enough as a change, but similar enough to enjoy texts with RWS pictures.

I used this deck for three readings and just enjoyed the spread more.

One of my favorite old movie sayings is "Round up the usual suspects"-- well, it is like seeing my favorite old actors from a slightly different angle and nicer--that is smoother colors.

Oh yes, the cards are silky, not sticky. Cheap deck that feels more expensive--thanks for the great find!

Cerulean

gregory

Want it :(

ETA.... mwahahaha got one :D (well, bought one....)

Thanks for the tip off !

magpie9

Me too! Where Gregory so ably leads us into Sin, I can but follow~

And thanks for the scans, RW, you devil, you! :joke:

MareSaturni

eureka!

I know this deck. I had two copies of it a long time ago.

In Brazil, it comes with a RWS set. I found the deck only in my city's yearly book fair.

More precisely, it comes with in the set below:

http://www.livrariacultura.com.br/s...id=02032224111711444745278781&k5=9AE4303&uid=

It says the author is Edith Waite. I have no idea who Edith Waite is, forgive my ignorance... =/ All this time i thought that some brazilian publisher had decided to redraw all the RWS cards in the computer and make a fancier version of them. But i was wrong, it seems :p

This is all i know, i just wanted to share.

nisaba

Looking at her surname, the mind boggles ...