Pendulum Users

Elven

Hi BeyondtheVeil :)

Your pendulum will speak to you in its own way - and part of finding out the language of your pendulum is to use it, and apply the use of it with 'definite' questions which will give (to start) yes/no/maybe answers.
If your pendulum is quivering away on the end of the chain and not moving - rephrase the question so its is short and specific, and voice your questions with purpose and intent.
Keep your concentration level fixed, and try to clear your mind of other intrusions - if you cant, keep repeating the question in your mind, and often voice the question - the power of words to kick the pendulum into swing works.
Map working is fun, but you will need to concentrate and take notice.
Grab a street map of your area - one which includes your place. Ask the pendulum to show you where you are now - or where is the train station called 'x', or where does 'so and so' live. The pendulum may do an assortment of things, but mostly I have found it will either cross reference lines by strong straight swings (you will need to keep your elbow free so as you can move your hand with the pendulum) - and you follow the swings ... if you go in the wrong direction the swing will decrease significantly and quickly, or it will start to swing in circles, which means turn around you're going in the wrong direction :p
The pendulum may stop dead still once over the target. To check if this is the place you can ask the pendulum if this is the target - it will answer yes or no.
I like to get my yes and no answers by hoding the pendulum over my palm - that way if I want to check a yes/no and Im using a chart, I dont have to remove the pendulum from that chart over to another Yes/No' chart, I just stick my hand underneath the pendulum and ask the question.

As others have said, check your yes/no/Maybe swings as you commence any work with the pendulum.
Ask the pendulum 'Can I, Shall I, May I' use it to answer questions relating to 'X'.
Then start using it all the time - even to locate the milk in the fridge - where is the cat right now - am I wearing a red shirt ... the thing is not to give up.
Your degree of accuracy comes from being familiar with the small movements and the language it talks to you through the way it swings and twirls - and your ability to 'stay' in the moment with it.

There are many books with lots of methods and hints and they are great to read and see many ways you might try to hone your skills - but dont forget to journal about your pendulum, and write down all your questions and what answer your pendulum gave you. If you spend 15 minutes a day in connection with the pendulum you will certainly know how to use it. And it works with the tarot as well - try picking some cards out by fanning the deck and asking the pendulum to locate your 3 cards for a question - it works really well.

Keep your pendulum with you, or near you or pinned in your pocket - get used to holding it and bringing it out for any questions spontaneously. It is an extension of you.

Im sure others can add their tips too.
Best tip I can give though is be patient - it can take time, And you may find things go really well, and then there's a lull - dont give up at this point - keep your optimistic self in full swing, as the pendulum will show you, you are tapping into your unconscious self, and sometimes barriers within cause barriers outside - keep using the pendulum to 'break through' any resistance. The time you feel like giving up is usually the best indicator that with a little more patience you are about to experience a great breakthrough when working with your pendulum.

Hope that helps a bit :)

Cheers
Elven x

BeyondtheVeil

Thanks so much Elven!

Elven said:
Hi BeyondtheVeil :)

Your pendulum will speak to you in its own way - and part of finding out the language of your pendulum is to use it, and apply the use of it with 'definite' questions which will give (to start) yes/no/maybe answers.
If your pendulum is quivering away on the end of the chain and not moving - rephrase the question so its is short and specific, and voice your questions with purpose and intent.
Keep your concentration level fixed, and try to clear your mind of other intrusions - if you cant, keep repeating the question in your mind, and often voice the question - the power of words to kick the pendulum into swing works.
Map working is fun, but you will need to concentrate and take notice.
Grab a street map of your area - one which includes your place. Ask the pendulum to show you where you are now - or where is the train station called 'x', or where does 'so and so' live. The pendulum may do an assortment of things, but mostly I have found it will either cross reference lines by strong straight swings (you will need to keep your elbow free so as you can move your hand with the pendulum) - and you follow the swings ... if you go in the wrong direction the swing will decrease significantly and quickly, or it will start to swing in circles, which means turn around you're going in the wrong direction :p
The pendulum may stop dead still once over the target. To check if this is the place you can ask the pendulum if this is the target - it will answer yes or no.
I like to get my yes and no answers by hoding the pendulum over my palm - that way if I want to check a yes/no and Im using a chart, I dont have to remove the pendulum from that chart over to another Yes/No' chart, I just stick my hand underneath the pendulum and ask the question.

As others have said, check your yes/no/Maybe swings as you commence any work with the pendulum.
Ask the pendulum 'Can I, Shall I, May I' use it to answer questions relating to 'X'.
Then start using it all the time - even to locate the milk in the fridge - where is the cat right now - am I wearing a red shirt ... the thing is not to give up.
Your degree of accuracy comes from being familiar with the small movements and the language it talks to you through the way it swings and twirls - and your ability to 'stay' in the moment with it.

There are many books with lots of methods and hints and they are great to read and see many ways you might try to hone your skills - but dont forget to journal about your pendulum, and write down all your questions and what answer your pendulum gave you. If you spend 15 minutes a day in connection with the pendulum you will certainly know how to use it. And it works with the tarot as well - try picking some cards out by fanning the deck and asking the pendulum to locate your 3 cards for a question - it works really well.

Keep your pendulum with you, or near you or pinned in your pocket - get used to holding it and bringing it out for any questions spontaneously. It is an extension of you.

Im sure others can add their tips too.
Best tip I can give though is be patient - it can take time, And you may find things go really well, and then there's a lull - dont give up at this point - keep your optimistic self in full swing, as the pendulum will show you, you are tapping into your unconscious self, and sometimes barriers within cause barriers outside - keep using the pendulum to 'break through' any resistance. The time you feel like giving up is usually the best indicator that with a little more patience you are about to experience a great breakthrough when working with your pendulum.

Hope that helps a bit :)

Cheers
Elven x

Thanks so much for taking the time out to respond to my questions in such a detailed way! I appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me and others that are reading or may read this thread. I am getting some really good advice. Thanks also for your encouragement. I don't know why I am so nervous about the pendulum, but I am. lol I will practice with it and keep a journal of the questions and answers like you suggested. I think that would be very helpful indeed.
I just love this site as there are always others that are more experienced and are so willing to share their knowledge and experiences with others. I have learned and am learning, so much here.

Thanks again for all of your help, suggestions and support!
Hugs!
BeyondtheVeil

Eyes Wide Open

I have several pendalums. Mostly because I've upgraded over the years. By upgrading I mean, as I find one that seems to respond more to me than the last one, I buy it, BUT I doubt I will buy any more now. About a year ago I found a red agate pendalum that will swing almost parallel to the surface when it is really going. So much that my arm actually gets in the way. With a response like that, who would change? lol

I use mine for all types of things. I have a set of cards that recommend using the pendalum with them. I also use my as a surrogate for questions.

Elven

Oh! the red agate pendulum sounds lovely! Sounds like a great 'friend' to you!

Cheers
Elven x

BeyondtheVeil

Eyes Wide Open said:
I have several pendalums. Mostly because I've upgraded over the years. By upgrading I mean, as I find one that seems to respond more to me than the last one, I buy it, BUT I doubt I will buy any more now. About a year ago I found a red agate pendalum that will swing almost parallel to the surface when it is really going. So much that my arm actually gets in the way. With a response like that, who would change? lol

I use mine for all types of things. I have a set of cards that recommend using the pendalum with them. I also use my as a surrogate for questions.

Wow EWO.. that does sound like a great responsive pendulum. I have yet to use mine, but Elven is helping me. I hope that I understand mine like you do. I will have to look that up as I don't know what those look like. I just don't know much about crystals/gem stones.

Thanks for responding!
BeyondtheVeil

Eyes Wide Open

Here's what the pendalum looks like :D

Attachments

• jse_000_0256.jpg
    jse_000_0256.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 75

BeyondtheVeil

Eyes Wide Open said:
Here's what the pendalum looks like :D

That is sooooooooooo pretty!! :) That is impressive that it responds so well. I am having a heck of a time trying to use mine on letter charts! {bangs head}. Do you use yours on charts? My pendulum does better when I ask it yes/no .. show me yes/no that is. I just can't get it to accurate do the letters. I wonder if I am just too distracted?

Anyway.. your pendulum is very pretty! Thank you so much for sharing it with me. I just love pendulums! They are so pretty aren't they?

BeyondtheVeil

Eyes Wide Open

Well when I'm using letter charts. I double check. I first go to where it is pulling or in the direction it seems to be going...like at an angle rather than full circle for clock-wise or counter clock-wise. Then say it is the a, the b, the c etc.

In most charts the letters are so close together it's a bit difficult.

The best advice I have is don't TRY. Just relax and let it go. Maybe even look away until you feel it pulling in a direction.

Don't let your left brain interfere. If you have to-- keep it busy, like singing the abc song etc.

It definately gets easier the less you try :D.

Eyes Wide Open

(checks her Miss Manners Book) I forgot to say thank you :O.

BeyondtheVeil

Eyes Wide Open said:
Well when I'm using letter charts. I double check. I first go to where it is pulling or in the direction it seems to be going...like at an angle rather than full circle for clock-wise or counter clock-wise. Then say it is the a, the b, the c etc.

In most charts the letters are so close together it's a bit difficult.

The best advice I have is don't TRY. Just relax and let it go. Maybe even look away until you feel it pulling in a direction.

Don't let your left brain interfere. If you have to-- keep it busy, like singing the abc song etc.

It definately gets easier the less you try :D.

I am so frustrated that I am giving up! I just can't figure it out. It gives me the wrong answers.. so I guess it just doesn't like me. I have a real live person that I am practicing with. We are trying to get each other's first names. I have yet to even come close! The person hasn't gotten it right either, but I would think that one of us would .. even just the right first letter.

I am glad that you mentioned the circles, etc. I feel tugging, circles.. {they can go either way} front to back, dead stop, and sometimes it does the circle thing over EVERY letter! It is so frustrating! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay.. as you can tell I am so over this. You are right.. I guess I am trying to hard but I have no idea how it works. Maybe mine is broken? :D :laugh:

Okay.. well I gotta go! Thanks for your help! :)

BeyondtheVeil