Trim Medicine Cards?

hunter

Has anyone trimmed the Medicine Cards. I gave away my set a few months ago. I didn't like the large size and I felt I had outgrown them. I was doing a lot of tarot reading for others and not really in a self-soothing phase.

I bought and trimmed the Animal-Wise tarot and prefer the feel of the cards, but the book is just not the same, and the tarot structure is forced and distracting.

I'm thinking of rebuying the MC set. Today especially I'm really sliding into a more fragile state. The Animal-Wise Tarot just isn't up to the job. I have a 40% off coupon.

I don't want to just trim off the thin white border. I want them to be shorter, I guess even if they don't look quite right, front and back. A good riffle shuffle is a essential part of self-soothing for me.

I've been so frustrated by my inabilty to find the right animal deck. They all leave something to be desired. The MC were perfect other than the size.

lark

You could make them any size that feels comfortable...this little dangly things on the bottom of each animals picture don't have to be there.
i always thought this would make a really nice little round deck...you don't really need the animals names or numbers on the top because you can identify them just by their picture and look them up in the book index.
I never was brave enough yet to trim them round, but I might one day.
Give us a scan of your trimmed deck if you decide to do it.

hunter

If I take off the name and number, they will be the right size, but not reversible.

To be reversable, I guess, I would take off the number and cut some of the dangly bits off the bottom.

I haven't been using reversals in any of my decks lately, so I don't think I care about them on this deck. I wonder is the circle being so high up, will make bad composition, and look unbalanced.

lark

Why wouldn't they be reversable?

hunter

If I cut more off the top than the bottom, the lightening on the back will be off center. I might even be cutting off some of the lightening on the top.

lark

OK, I get it...yes I guess you would know before hand if it was RX..but you could still use them that way.
The book has valuable insights about the cards RX it would be ashamed not to use it.

hunter

I bought and trimmed the cards last night.

scan0001.jpg

I am tickled pink with them. They are less busy. And they feel and shuffle so much better.

There are ways of shuffling and choosing cards, where you don't see the card back. Also I wouldn't not choose a card just because it was noticeably reversed.

mostly, lately, I just incorporate the reversed meaning into the upright one, as shadow information.

I am just so pleased with the way these came out!

cardlady22

hunter, those look great! Can you post a pic of the backs?

sparkles

i have these cards too and must admit they look much better without the borders but i'v yet to pluck up the courage to trim them myself...maybe one day.

lark

They look like really wonderful that size...nice job!