anyone read Tarot Shadow Work?

Storm82

have anyone read it ?
what do you think of it ?

how do you use it ?

Wendywu

I got it and over the course of a year I worked my way through the exercises; they were extremely valuable and taught me a lot about myself, and about parts of myself I'd never really considered at all. I learned a lot about my early memories and relationships both with family and friends. I still go back and work an exercise now and again, if I feel I need to clarify something. Well worth the money and an excellent tool for self knowledge.

Storm82

thanks

Wendywu , could you give example of what kind of exercises tehre is in the book?

Onyx

Funny you should ask . . . I have it open and I was working with it as I idly browse the forum.

I have been working with the book and the exercises since May. This summer has seen the most important, profound, and defining personal tarot work I have ever done.

The exercises are a set of Majors-only reading that flow in order and allow you to take a great look at your personal shadow character. Each spread is a five-card majors only spread. The initial spread is an overview on five different areas. Then each spread after that focuses on one area of that original spread. The focus is on revealing and working to find a healthy way of integrating your shadow aspects.

Christine Jette loads the book with loads of essential and helpful information that do far more than augment an understanding of a spread. She gives in her book many supplementary ideas in how to prepare and safely engage in what can be very personal and revealing exercises.

I would strongly encourage getting the book if just for the four spreads but the nature of the work is so potential powerful that the other information makes it more guide and workbook than simple text. The book does seem to have pagan/wicca slant but even though that is not my journey, it is still very practical and insightful.

I have found that this process really helped me bond with my personal deck, also I believe that this initial time through the book has been great and helped me address many different issues current in my life. I also feel that there is something more or deeper that still is yet to be discovered but understand that this first trip through is preparation for when I am ready to start dealing with my more deeper and darker issues.

Couldn't recommend this book enough and is routinely found at a reasonable price as it has been eight years since it was released. So not for the weak or timid but very, very worth the price of the book to learn these techniques that will help me improve myself and work with my tarot clients.

On a side note, as I am completing this journey I am very interested in Jette's Tarot for the Healing Heart and how that it would complement and augment the lessons in this book.

Hope this helps.

Onyx.

Rev_Vesta

Tarot for the healing heart...

awesome book...

still working through it... does take some time to process through each exercise.......

certainly recommended but have to be very serious, committed to looking at who and what you have been through......

alot of work but truly worth it.........to move foward on your journey...

Namaste

have to look into Tarot Shadow Work .......

Vesta

DaisyDragonfly

I've ordered Tarot Shadow Work.

Sounds fascinating, profound. Looking forward to working with tarot in this way :)

AJ

curious what deck/decks are featured in the book?

Wendywu

I was using mainly my trimmed Druidcraft back when I was working my way through the book; I found it an incredibly worthwhile process. I came to terms with a lot of old hurts and memories, and with guilt that I'd never resolved. It helped me find a new way of approaching a family member I'd become estranged from and we are now very close :)

I think you do need to approach the work with a serious mind, and to read the blurb - don't just leap in and start doing the exercises. You need to be totally certain that you're going to be able to deal with the assorted cans of worms that you might dig up ......

Having said that, it's a hugely valuable tool. Not much use for learning about tarot per se, but definitely for learning about yourself.