acceptable means of &#39reading&#39

jade

my soul-mother is very gifted. she does truly amazing, deep readings. she reads someone's ears (the curve and lobe) the querent's hands (pads of fingers, tops and undersides), their face (how the eyes are set and where their hairline begins, the structure of their nose etc) she checks on their aura,.....she also asks for their birthdate and the corrrect spelling of their name (for numerology). she looks at where the planets are and what phase the moon is in at the time of the reading.

then she pulls out her cards (or scrys) and does a reading.

i've noticed some people saying that looking at anything except the cards is cheating........ i think that it's another way of doing it.

i remember when i first met her. she's a tiny petite woman and she gently touched my ears, looked at my hands, stared at my face - touching the bridge of nose ever so gently. she walked around me a few times and then opened her mouth and told me EVERYTHING about me. i was stunned. i never had anyone do that before and she was so accurate with everything she said.

blessed be.
jade

Hoonoki

That's such a neat gift. I admire ppl like your soul-mother. When i read how she did readings, it brought back memories of what my mom used to do to me. She'd touch my ears, study my face, look at my palm, etc but she'd only tell me a few things about my character and how i will turn out. I was too little to understand then but after remembering it all, i realise that she was right all along.
What is a soul-mother anyway?
i've noticed some people saying that looking at anything except the cards is cheating........ i think that it's another way of doing it.
I don't think see it as cheating. She's just incorporating other methods of divination and practices (palmistry, face-reading, etc) into her readings.
Sometimes doing card readings alone can't tell me what the querent wants to know. I'm not psychic so using other methods help if a friend (whom i do the reading for) wants to know something about themselves that they don't and that the cards can't explain.

deso

She sounds like a wonderful treasure/gift from the Goddess. Blessed you are, indeed, Jade!
Unfortunately, my spiritual-mother has Alzheimer's - she's no longer the same, sniff sniff. But I still visit her of course, and treasure every moment I have with her. I will be going this afternoon in fact. But it chokes me up so much after every visit.

jade

acceptable means of &#39&#39

Hoonoki (14 Oct, 2001 03:11):
it is a mother that you choose in this life. rather than being birthed thru her, she assists you to grow.

my own mother is not in my life and my soul-mother is my true mom in my heart.

what is amazing is that my birth mother and my soul mother share the exact same birthdate, even the year is the same....except they were born on opposite sides of the earth. how's that for amazing!!!

blessed be.
jade

cj

jade

Jade,

You are very blessed to have such a wonderful person in your life.

As far as not looking at the person you are reading for, how can you not. For a gifted person, the cards are just 1 aspect of a reading. You need to feel the person's energy.

I don't feel that I am on your level (yet), but I know what it is like to connect with a person by looking at them (their eyes)-the world around the 2 of you disapears. then the cards speak.

Learn from your Soul Mother - share energy then share cards.

cj

StarShine

To say that using anything but the cards is cheating is ridiculous! If that were true, then only the meanings in the LWB would be correct, and I know that some of my most accurate readings are ones where I interpret the cards according to my little "inner voice" rather than the actual meaning of the cards. If people come to her for a reading and get all of her gifts, it seems to me that they are getting more than their money's worth.

I too have a soul mother. It is truly a wonderful thing to have. I am double blessed, because my birth mother and I are very close as well. She gave me life, and my soul mother gave me my access to my path. If your relationship is as beautiful as my relationship with either of my mothers, you are indeed a lucky woman.

jade

starshine,

i cannot imagine a relationship more beautiful, more blessed, more understanding and supportive than my relationship with my soul-mom.

i aspire to have the same closeness with my children as she and i share.

i have <b>never</b> respected anyone more than i do her. i know that she will always be with me, to guide me, whether she is living physically or just as a spirit/soul/guide - whatever you want to call it.

i know she'll never be far away.

i love her.........deeply.

jade
ps so yup, i think i share your blessing of a magical relationship :) good for us!!!

purplelady

jade (14 Oct, 2001 07:29):
Hoonoki (14 Oct, 2001 03:11):
it is a mother that you choose in this life. rather than being birthed thru her, she assists you to grow.

my own mother is not in my life and my soul-mother is my true mom in my heart.

what is amazing is that my birth mother and my soul mother share the exact same birthdate, even the year is the same....except they were born on opposite sides of the earth. how's that for amazing!!!

blessed be.
jade

My best friend from high school had the same birthday as my dad, and her sister had the same birthday as my mom! (different years of course) . Kind-of an odd coincidence. My current best friend has the same birthday as my boyfriend's daughter! I do not get along with my mother either. I don't know that I have met or have a soul mother. But my mother-in-law from my first marriage and I have been quite close lately,and E mail a lot. I would definately have prefered her as my real mom. As for acceptable means of reading , I suppose ultimately it wouldn't matter whether one reads cards , earlobes, or some other item. What matters is that the reading is accurate and helps the querant.

Dee 04

yes... I agree, and as we have mentioned here before in other posts.. there is no RIGHT way to do readings.. there can only be the way you do them as long as they are with good intentions, and as purplelady saud, to help the seeker!

i too have a soul mother and know what a bond that is. good for you Jade.

mystic

jade,

just thought I'd add my limited wisdom to this question of "acceptability...."

"When we sit with the one who seeks, their light of being we do see"

And whether we make the seeker aware of our probe or not may be on a conscious or sub-conscious level. At first I was very aware that I was gathering information about the seeker, now it's done without pause........

To those who believe it's cheating......your cheating too, and you don't even know it........