Wish Fulfillment Dreams

SilentBreeze

I've been having a lot of those, but they seem to take a dark turn. I get what I want, but what I know is bad for me, and they are so realistic they I think it has happened, so that when I wake up I'm so disappointed. I've been having a lot of those recently. And I wonder what could be the cause? And possible a way to get them to stop because they are becoming disturbing. Not cause the dreams themselves aren't pleasant, I guess its just that I'm dreaming them makes them all disturbing. It's also so strange that I get them so often. I don't know am I just ignoring what I want for what's good for me, and that's why I'm getting them

Anyone else have similar problems with wish fulfillment dreams? Or know of a way to stop having these dreams?

Milfoil

Repeated dreams tend to mean that we are not getting the message. Either not understanding it or refusing to change that part of ourselves.

Dreams of wishes being fulfilled but which give you things which are no good for you suggests that you know, deep down, that you should be aiming for something better in life but keep settling for the easy or comfortable route.

An idea of what the wishes which were fulfilled were would help to identify the issue. Do you feel torn between taking on a responsibility and staying as you are?

Another possibility is that some aspect of spell-work is being brought to your attention.

SilentBreeze

Milfoil said:
Repeated dreams tend to mean that we are not getting the message. Either not understanding it or refusing to change that part of ourselves.

Dreams of wishes being fulfilled but which give you things which are no good for you suggests that you know, deep down, that you should be aiming for something better in life but keep settling for the easy or comfortable route.

An idea of what the wishes which were fulfilled were would help to identify the issue. Do you feel torn between taking on a responsibility and staying as you are?

Another possibility is that some aspect of spell-work is being brought to your attention.

Thanks for the response, and moving the thread.

I know I am torn about perusing these wishes in life, and I try to keep myself from perusing these wishes because I know they are bad, but in my dreams I ignore my decision not to peruse and peruse. It's weird because in my waking life I know this is going on and I try to settle it and it never works out. I don't understand why it's coming out in my dreams when I am aware of it.

Spellwork...as in someone else trying to do a spell on me? or am I unconsciously making it happen?

TarotGirlUK

SilentBreeze said:
I've been having a lot of those, but they seem to take a dark turn. I get what I want, but what I know is bad for me, and they are so realistic they I think it has happened, so that when I wake up I'm so disappointed. I've been having a lot of those recently. And I wonder what could be the cause? And possible a way to get them to stop because they are becoming disturbing. Not cause the dreams themselves aren't pleasant, I guess its just that I'm dreaming them makes them all disturbing. It's also so strange that I get them so often. I don't know am I just ignoring what I want for what's good for me, and that's why I'm getting them

Anyone else have similar problems with wish fulfillment dreams? Or know of a way to stop having these dreams?

Check your not too hot at night, or too cold :) this can cause bad dreams.

Dreams can be a way of relieving tension and stress caused by something in your waking life. Examine yourself to see if there is anything worrying you or stressing you out :)

Take time our to relax, pamper yourself and not worry :)

SilentBreeze

TarotGirlUK said:
Check your not too hot at night, or too cold :) this can cause bad dreams.

Dreams can be a way of relieving tension and stress caused by something in your waking life. Examine yourself to see if there is anything worrying you or stressing you out :)

Take time our to relax, pamper yourself and not worry :)

That's true, maybe it's just the simple message of stop worrying about this.

TarotGirlUK

SilentBreeze said:
That's true, maybe it's just the simple message of stop worrying about this.

Reading your post I realised I may have sounded like a downer!

I have had dreams or have dreams occasionally of a boy I knew when I was little and for some reason, he also pops into my dreams as someone who is like a long los soul mate! Wierd huh! Its a really nice thought, but then I think its probably a nice thought becuase sometimes my real life is a little mundane lol

But you never know!

Its good to give a little hope to fantasy and keep check of too much realism!

Milfoil

SilentBreeze said:
Spellwork...as in someone else trying to do a spell on me? or am I unconsciously making it happen?

Nah, I was thinking more along the lines of 'be careful what you wish for' that sort of thing. Spells work on intent and its the same with prayers and wishes. Sometimes what we wish for is not so very good for us but we get it anyway! Part of our learning and life path I guess.

Fostha

Milfoil said:
Nah, I was thinking more along the lines of 'be careful what you wish for' that sort of thing. Spells work on intent and its the same with prayers and wishes. Sometimes what we wish for is not so very good for us but we get it anyway! Part of our learning and life path I guess.
Thats an interesting point,but where did silentbreeze mention spell-work,or wishing? Or am i missing something here?

Sophie

Fostha said:
Thats an interesting point,but where did silentbreeze mention spell-work,or wishing? Or am i missing something here?
She called her thread "wish fulfillment dreams", so wishing is implicit - the dreams are about fulfilling a wish she has (in waking life) but which she knows (also in waking life) is not good for her.

Silentbreeze, I like Millie's view of it as your unconscious trying to make something happen that you know isn't good for you - it is trying to override your conscious intent and your sensible "be careful what you wish for" attitude you have in waking life. It is good you are actually having the dreams, because it's alerting you to a hidden part of you that is trying to overcome the reasoned, conscious part of you. In that way, it's showing its hand. I wouldn't try and make those dreams stop until you've fully uncovered what it is that this hidden part of you wants and how it is "fulfilling" that dream. Then you could try and do some meditation or lucid dream-work to confront that part of you and explain to it just why that wish is not good for you, for the whole of you, and get it to work on a healthier intent.

Milfoil

Fostha said:

She didn't, I did in my 1st post. :)