Osteomancy

Wendywu

That's a good idea - that way I won't lose one of the set.

I might have to be a bit picky as to where I wear them though :D

HudsonGray

I cleaned chicken bones for a project too--it wasn't hard. I got them as cleaned off as possible first so no meat fragments or cartilidge were on, then put them in a bowl of water and microwaved it for 5 minutes, poured that off, filled the bowl with more water, added a squirt (small) of dish soap, boiled that twice for 5 minutes each time in the microwave, tossed that water out.

Used an old tooth brush at that point to do a final clean on the bones, then mixed a squirt of bleach in with just enough water to cover the bones and left them there soaking in that for 20 minutes, dumped that and rinsed well, then dried them on the window sill.

No problems with smell at all. They have a nice white look to them. You can give them a brown patina by soaking them in a strong tea or coffee solution and rinse off.

thorhammer

I really like this, Wendy - this isn't my usual haunt on AT so I just saw it :p Thanks for posting your thoughts and process for us. I'd like to do something like this myself one day. But tbh, I'm not as intuitive a reader as I'd like to be to try this. I do want to make myself a junk oracle one day, after I had a most excellent reading from Etsy once. Looks fun.

\m/ Kat

OOnaOwl

OOOooh so happy to find this thread! I have been wanting to teach myself bone divination. Thank you for sharing your osteomantic journey!