1-time January Rune Circle? Plus great Rune threads...

TractJM

I look forward to it and will do my best :)

silverwings94

My Runes have been nagging me all week as to when we were starting. Now I can go and get them and let them know. They are excited as well as I am.

AJ,
Does it matter what kind of spread we should use or is it up to us to decide?
Kat

Emily

Still not sure how I'm going to do the reading - I seem to have the most success with it being the most simple - take a handful of runes, let them fall and read the face up ones. The spreads just seem to similar to tarot ones and my gut instinct is, I shouldn't read like that. I will use a cloth though but it will probably be plain. :)

Barbaras Ahajusts

Emily said:
Still not sure how I'm going to do the reading - I seem to have the most success with it being the most simple - take a handful of runes, let them fall and read the face up ones. The spreads just seem to similar to tarot ones and my gut instinct is, I shouldn't read like that. I will use a cloth though but it will probably be plain. :)

I drew 3 stones with one clarifier stone. I'm not into ritual so I'm not concerned with what one may say about how runes should be read.

But if you read by throwing, then do that!:D!

rachelcat

I'm a rank newbie and studying up before attempting my reading. And I have an opinion question--

I am an (almost) strictly no-reversals tarot reader. Do you think reversals are an integral part of reading runes? Since there are so many fewer than tarot, I'm thinking that may be the case.

I'm also trying to figure out a spread to use, since I only have rune cards at the moment. And maybe the number of cards in a spread will depend on whether I'll use reversals. (I have a rule of thumb for oracles. The spread shouldn't have more positions than about 14% of the total number of cards in the deck. Derived from a celtic cross of 11 cards out of 78 cards.) So for 24 runes, that would be 3 or 4 positions, or 48 (with reversals), 6 or 7 positions.

Ok, now you all are looking at me funny . . .

Anyway, please let me know if you think reversals are de rigueur. (I'll keep my further calculations to myself!) Thanks for your patience!

cardlady22

I am one of those who shuffles so that there are no reversals when I'm doing cards. For your first cast, it might be helpful to pull 3 specifically and have each one signify a part of the topic:
*what supports x
*what blocks x
*what progresses x

cardlady22

My question is about feedback. Do I tell what sparked me in what my Reader said? Do I share what my own thoughts on possible interpretation are?

Alta

I decided to not use reversals, but heck, what do I know? ;) My first try at runes as well. Though I do use actual runes, not cards.

rachelcat

Hey, Alta, I see your reading for me on the thread. It looks very positive and well-read, too! (Feedback is forthcoming!) So that's encouraging me to leave reversals for later.

Cardlady--I like that spread, and it's within the calculations. :) Or I might use my own handy-dandy 3 carder (which probably only makes sense to me)--querant (in the middle), issue (left), outcome (right).

Thanks for your help, ladies.

As far as the feedback, I'm thinking, since most of us are beginners, it would be ok to give feedback on the reading (as written) first, and then chime in with our own ideas on the runes that were drawn.

Unless other folks think that would be too much second-guessing or something.

Alta

Sounds fine to me rachelcat; though it remains to be seen if I have independent opinions on whatever silverwings draws for me. :joke: