You know you've been overbuying when...

Marcia959

You know you've been overbuying when your husband has to promise the postal carrier that you will not start collecting washers and dryers. Or else.

thorhammer

zan_chan said:
...when you sell all your non-tarot books to make more space because, "those Brontes will never go out of print, but this Bohemian Gothic book is a once in a lifetime!"...

also a true story. i no longer own fiction. lame.
Er . . . yep. There.

It's the mountains of packaging (which I can't bear to throw out) and the embarrassingly large number of decks still shrinkwrapped (only five or so, but still) . . . but the worst is when you open them, think, "Meh," and cast them aside in anticipation of the next parcel. Once opened, the parcel loses all its magic, or comes under an anti-enchantment, so that if I get too many in a week all of them are tainted and it becomes difficult for me to enjoy any of them :(

\m/ Kat

FatesLady

You know you're buying too many decks when your post man says hello and then "that's odd, no package for you, today."

SunChariot

Floss said:
when ... you can't remember what you've got coming in the mail, and when you do get it, you open it and go ... ummm - I don't remember buying this one ....

That happens to me all the time!!! LOL

zan_chan

thorhammer said:
. . . but the worst is when you open them, think, "Meh," and cast them aside in anticipation of the next parcel. Once opened, the parcel loses all its magic, or comes under an anti-enchantment, so that if I get too many in a week all of them are tainted and it becomes difficult for me to enjoy any of them :(

Ugh, so true. Definitely been there.

Or, in summary, You know you've been overbuying when it stops being fun.

karenquilter

When you buy a deck & open it & ooh & aah over it & go to put it on your shelf & find out that you already have a copy.
K

Stormdancer

Since I've been on a [size=+2]SPREE[/size] lately, I'm gonna echo the ones that resonate.

Floss said:
when ... you can't remember what you've got coming in the mail ....
I have to keep checking my receipts...to see what has not arrived :(

gregory said:
:|
Also when you finally have to move a sofa out of the room where you keep them all, cos you ran out of space (also a true story !)
I am thinking of not only losing the couch, but the love-seat as well. My kids are teens, they can sit on the floor, YES????
pssst to Gregory...you fueled some of this mania })

lark said:
zan_chan said:
Well, his parents have a huge house...and they're old....})
zan_chan said:
LOL. Did I say that? ....

Oh, honey you did..you've got it (the deck buying bug) worst than you thought! LOL :love:
WE are watching you!! :bugeyed:

cardlady22 said:
You know you've been overbuying when you have enough boxes & shipping materials to send things on to others for at least 6 months.
This made me ROTFLMAO....I have so many empty boxes and package materials...like I'm gonna get rid of something...YA...oKAAAY...LOL. I am trying to get my SMALL apartment cleaned up for XMAS, which is why I am here :angel: and I have NO idea what to do with all of that crap. I think I may just put it in the empty XMAS tree box. AHEM..on a positive note...I did use a few of the wee boxes to cammoflauge XMAS gifts for above mentioned teens. I am a CLEVER MOM...yup yup yup :D

Stormdancer

OOOH...almost forgot LOVELY postman guy. I get my packages at work, and he no longer waits for me to ask...he just says..."psst..singapore....psst..argentina...psst...uk..."
He is SO sweet! Too bad he's married. I WUB him :heart:
:D

nisaba

thorhammer said:
but the worst is when you open them, think, "Meh," and cast them aside in anticipation of the next parcel. Once opened, the parcel loses all its magic, or comes under an anti-enchantment, so that if I get too many in a week all of them are tainted and it becomes difficult for me to enjoy any of them
I'll give you my postal address in a spirit of generosity towards you - I'd like to prevent you ever having those negative feelings again. (Can I get to decide which decks you'll be next buying?)

victoria.star

stormdancer339 said:
OOOH...almost forgot LOVELY postman guy. I get my packages at work, and he no longer waits for me to ask...he just says..."psst..singapore....psst..argentina...psst...uk..."
He is SO sweet! Too bad he's married. I WUB him :heart:
:D
This made me smile!
For me, it is the FedEx PUPPY TRUCK!!
I LOVE :love: :heart: :love: :heart: the PUPPY TRUCK!!

When it drives by and doesn't stop, I get so sad :(

Everyone in my family knows: PUPPY TRUCK!!