You know you've been overbuying when...

emmsma

You know you've been overbuying when you wait to be alone in the room to run back over to ebay...you frantically log in, hoping to not be caught in the act...
did I remember to change shipping to the work address?...all the while, telling yourself you should not be buying this...and that this will be the last purchase of the week/month/year...

SarahRacheal

You know you've been overbuying when you tell your OH your not feeling up to visits so you can be on your own for the delivery of new decks and not have someone tutting at you when they come - oh the shame!

rhombchick

You know you're overbuying when you can't be bothered doing a new deck interview spread because there's just too many to do....all that writting.... nah, just chuck it on the shelf

irmata

All the shame in this thread is really making me feel a lot better about myself :D
It doesn't do anything to bring the CC bill down, but it's comforting on the inside to know I'm not alone in my poor impulse control!

Lee

You know you've been overbuying when your partner has (years ago) given up saying, with worried expression, "how many decks are there???" :D

zan_chan

Lee said:
You know you've been overbuying when your partner has (years ago) given up saying, with worried expression, "how many decks are there???" :D

LOL! I just got that same thing from mine the other day. He said, "Now you have, what, about 50 of those? There can't be that many left to buy, right?"

So I clicked onto gregory's profile and watched the shock and horror spread across his face...

rhombchick

You know you've been overbuying when you see a deck going cheap, you hate it, it's ugly, it doesn't appeal to you, you're never going to use it, but you buy it because it is the right price and hey, you never know right?

Calliope

zan_chan said:
Haha! Wendy, I love that!

This is turning into quite the group therapy session. Its cathartic. Let it out.

...when you stop telling friends and family about new arrivals, even to the extent of hiding boxes and wrapping before they get home...

Oh good Lord, yes, this is me. My mom has taken to walking into my room, looking around and going, "When did you get that?"

You know you've been overbuying when you are flat broke.

Sadly, I have taken to collecting fortune telling tea cups as well as tarot decks. Needless to say, I now have to scrimp and save in order to pay for school and school books. Oy.

nisaba

irmata said:
All the shame in this thread is really making me feel a lot better about myself :D
Shame?

SHAME???

:bugeyed:

zan_chan

You know you've been overbuying when you move past shame and reside happily in complete acceptance?