Magic Mirror, tell me today...

canid

mingbop said:
Am sorry, just realised I didnt answer your question really. Re the faces that you see, one day I had an awesome time, with clouds flying past the window and all that day I saw faces in the clouds - really LOTS of faces, passing by. I think they were just doing that - passing by. I think once your head/mind/third eye/whatever is in tune with spirit, then you see many things , they dont all have to be a message or mean anything - you know ? Like some nights you lie in bed and you hear snatches of conversation, just like people passing you in the street. So if youre tuned in then you will pick up odd snippets and see glimpses . Does that make sense ? If yes, then I am too sober....its time I got pickled, the bells will be in an hour !!!

Yeah, it makes sense. And I'm still sober too. I'll have to remedy that shortly...and yes, I did start writing it down just the other day. I guess I want it to MEAN something, I can't explain, but something more than people just passin' through, hi, nice ta meetcha. Maybe do something good, worthwhile with it. Does that make sense?

ETA: About protection. A couple of times I forgot & I've seen drippy faces & bulging eyes, etc. When I was 20 I would have been terrified but I just say Oh, come on already. Go away. It does.

mingbop

Oh it will come, you will get real face to face conversations, but just possibly they start you off first as a passer-by, you know? To get you acclimatised maybe ! :) it's the people who expect every single word to be deeply meaningful and highly significant who get a wee bit lost. No part of life is totally 100% meaningful or anything like it - and as you get more tuned in and used to spirit, then you will pick up more stuff, and be able to sift it better.
It's a bit like starting a new job - you stand back a wee bit to begin with, you dont commit yourself to any one way or one person, you wait to see how things lie first...you know? Take your time !
-- This is all just how I personally , see things. It's not nec the right way and its not written in stone lol ! Is just how it happened for me. :) just trying to help.

canid

I'm resurrecting this old post because I've just had an epiphany - the method I use to 'see' is very similar to when you're looking at a stereogram, trying to see the 3-D image in all those nonsensicle squigglies to pop out. This helps whether it's a crystal ball, a bowl of water, a black mirror or ceiling tiles. Also, Kindle Fires or any phone that has a black screen when not in use is a WONDERFUL black mirror. It's been described as crossing your eyes but it's a very minute crossing of eyes. Just more a sort of unfocusing, like when you're daydreaming but still paying attention to the device. Hope that helps some to understand the 'un'focusing part because it's really hard to describe.

KristinCali

I'm resurrecting this old post because I've just had an epiphany - the method I use to 'see' is very similar to when you're looking at a stereogram, trying to see the 3-D image in all those nonsensicle squigglies to pop out. This helps whether it's a crystal ball, a bowl of water, a black mirror or ceiling tiles. Also, Kindle Fires or any phone that has a black screen when not in use is a WONDERFUL black mirror. It's been described as crossing your eyes but it's a very minute crossing of eyes. Just more a sort of unfocusing, like when you're daydreaming but still paying attention to the device. Hope that helps some to understand the 'un'focusing part because it's really hard to describe.

I recently bought a scrying bowl and tried it a couple times but didn't know quite what I was supposed to be doing. The way you described it is perfect! SO helpful! Thank you!

SunChariot

did all my friends have fun at play? Anyone remember Romper Room from the '60's? Maybe it was just a local Cleveland program...Anyway, I need some help deciphering what I'm seeing in my quartz ball & black mirror. Some of it's obvious, like the swirling/morphing colors that can be easily interpreted. The color 'fogs' are always cobalt blue, *lit* purple, dark red or bright green. I always see faces that morph rapidly into another face, but lately I've been seeing objects & *words*, but they're gone before I've had a chance to compute. Also cat faces - a lot of those lately. It does seem the more I practice, the more I'm getting. Most of the faces I see are people I don't know, but occasionally I recognize someone & they're usually dead. It's way cool! I've also discovered that I can kind of 'jump start' the process if I concentrate on seeing cobalt blue - dunno why, but it works for me.

I recreated them with FreeHand & PhotoShop; this is pretty accurate to what I'm actually seeing visually. So, who are they? What can I do with this? I don't think typical dream interpretation symbols will work here. Does anyone have experience with this?

Romper Room as definitely not just shown in Cleveland. I watched it as a child in Canada. :grin:

But wow, those are some clear images. I never got anything that clear, more like outlines with no real colour. What I see in the image looks kind of like how angels look to me, just the outlines so you can make out the shape. That must feel impressive to see things that clearly. I'm impressed.

What it means, I believe only you can know. The images are coming from inside you, or through a connection with that is inside you. They could be people who you have known in past lives or even who you have been in past lives, but none of us can know that. Only you can ultimately know that.

If you really really don't know, or can't find the answers inside, maube try a reading and ask who they are or how they related to the answer, even try Tarot for that.

Just my thoughts and beliefs,

Babs

Mycroft

One technique that I have found very useful for any form of scrying or gazing, is to make sure that you are feeling a little tired when you start to relax for your 'viewing'. This often means that you begin to doze slightly, and allows the onset of hypnagogic images. These are the fleeting visions that you see just as you are going off to sleep, and most people are familiar with the 'hypnagogic jerk' the sudden start that wakes you back up just as you're nodding off. Concentrating on the outline of a scrying mirror or crystal ball provides an excellent frame of reference in my experience, and makes it much easier to follow these images as they begin to grow and develop.

The difficult part is to keep yourself in the state of semi-consciousness where these visions arise, it is very easy to fall completely asleep. Hypnotists and researchers explain these phenomena by saying that the brain is shifting from producing predominantly beta-waves, to alpha-waves and some theta-waves. Theta-waves seem to be characteristic of REM sleep whilst delta-waves represent deep dreamless sleep. This is of course only a scientific model to try and explain the process, it does not provide any answers as to what is actually happening or why it's happening.

The 'coolest' scrying mirror of all time, from 'Guardian of The Abyss' (1980). In the film it's supposed to be the famed 'shew-stone' that belonged to Dr John Dee, although it unsurprisingly bears little resemblance to the actual one in the British Museum;

An advertisement for the 'Magnetic Mirror' produced by Memphis Occult Products in 1919;
http://imageshack.us/a/img600/3141/1cfe.jpg
(Scan courtesy of Brandon Hodge)​