February Rune Circle Sign-Up

Barbaras Ahajusts

One a day...trying something new this month!

I'm taking a cue from another intuitive reading circle & focusing on one rune a day. I have 4 out for Lewen. Kinda cool, really.

AJ

so you'll do your giant reading on the 24th with 24 runes? :)

I have accumulated an amazing pile of Runes books, I look at them stacked around me on the desk and bedside and I feel like Scrooge McDuck on his back in a pile of money.

The oddest one, but the one that will probably become a favorite is the Runes Of Elfland with art of Brian Froud and words by Ari Berk. It is really a lovely book. I can explain it no better than that. Except I learned a new Faery fact today. Faery is a three sylable word pronounced Fay-er-ree. I've been trying to say it that way all day, and it always comes out sounding like someone standing up to speak in front of a crowd and they are really scared and tongue tripping. Fay-er-ree.

My February reading is finished and posted, Ah, the pleasure is all that is left, of reading everyone else's. I'm still trying to get my mind around Alta's wet and dry :)

Barbaras Ahajusts

Fay er ree.
I sound red neck when I say it! :laugh:

I've only got 4 runes pulled for her! Not 24! Don't freak me out! LOLOL:laugh:

Alta

AJ said:
..... I'm still trying to get my mind around Alta's wet and dry :)
oops, and is this a bad thing? :joke:

Barbaras Ahajusts

I just read it. That's a really cool analogy. Watery emotions. Sensible, dry & workable thoughts & energy. Reminds me of something I heard as a child. Wear sensible shoes.
And it makes sense after reading Alta's reading.

Way cool!

Eowyn

****My rune book must be somewhere....I've got my runes, I've got my 2 words...****

:bugeyed:

ETA:

I found it! (As everybody was talking about books...)

Mine is Kenneth Meadows Rune Power. I have another one that I can't find, and a third one I lost (stolen).

Eowyn

Well, I wanted to write a little.

It was so good to come back to runes :D

Thank you for having me here :*

Mellaenn

Speaking of rune books, I just picked up a new one in the bargain section of Barnes and Noble - The Runes Workbook by Leon D Wild. I'm liking it quite well; it's well-organized, starts with a decent explanation of runes, the Elder Futhark and all of those mysteries.

I especially like that it includes little exercises and meditations to get interactive with the meanings of the runes (nice addition to the actual use of reading them, which I also enjoy here!)

AJ

I'm currently working my way through that one too, with my journal at hand. I'm cross about the book though a workbook should lie flat and in order to do that I'm going to have to break the back. Books are treasures and I hate to do that so my workbook study has sort of bogged down.

On the other hand, I'm going to town today, I could run it by the printers and have them slice the back off and comb-bind it.