Don't know who posted this, but it's pretty funny!

Shade

This video on the other hand would fall into the pattern that this group is complaining about: using bad scholarship to suggest an exotic or mysterious occult birthplace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlIPqks0Tmw

In this type of video I would tell the Tarotis4games crowd to go buck wild and call them out for bad information.

Mabuse

comment aimed at Christians

Shade said:
For example two of the posters go into it in this video's comments section: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRMcyLsLPpk

It is true, as one person says the video: "This video is an example of many which depict Tarot in a one sided fashion, as a tool for divination."

It would not make sense for every tarot video to begin with "Tarot was originally created as a game..." She is giving advice from her perspective on reading the cards. I don't agree with all of her suggestions but they are just suggestions and at no point does she claim that they are from Egypt/Atlantis/Gypsies etc.

Here's the FULL quote:
"This video is an example of many which depict Tarot in a one sided fashion, as a tool for divination. In case someone hasn't already mentioned divination isn't the only way to use Tarot cards. Divination is not even the original use of Tarot! These cards were actually intended for game playing. The Tarot is really a variant of playing cards. In many European countries, the Tarot is still used for game playing. The traditional Tarot symbolism is actually rooted in Christianity" This is actually my quote and I intended for it to be read by the Christians who are commenting and judging these videos. Most Tarot readers nowadays already know of how Tarot is used for games and of its roots in Christianity but most Christians are still ignorant of these facts. The purpose was not to change anybody's mind on divination, but to get certain people, Christians in particular, to take another look at the cards themselves and explore the actual history of them.