Eden Gray books

WonderGuy

my first tarot book ever was "The complete guide to tarot" so i have a soft spot for it...
i was wondering anyone's opinion on her other books
"Mastering the Tarot" and "The tarot revealed"
thanks,
cy

conversus

As I recall them, the later books derive from the first with little bits added in the end as value added. All equally fabulous and perhaps now equally thin. As the paperback printings multiplied over the decades the quality of the text and the line art degraded. But I love my first edition of the Tarot Revealed, everyone would benefit from a cover to cover read at least once.

CED

shelikes2read

WonderGuy said:
my first tarot book ever was "The complete guide to tarot" so i have a soft spot for it...
i was wondering anyone's opinion on her other books
"Mastering the Tarot" and "The tarot revealed"
thanks,
cy
I still have my 1978 copy of Mastering the Tarot that I got when I bought my first deck (RWS). I can't say enough good things about how useful that book was for me as a beginner. I still use it as a reference now and then... or rather, I refer to the new copy I got of it a few years ago, since the original copy I have looks like it's been through a war.

I got one other Eden Gray book when I ordered the new copy of Mastering the Tarot. I think it's The Tarot Revealed, but I'll have to go and check that. I definitely give both books a thumbs up!

rwcarter

I have all three books in their paperback versions. I bought them all in the early 90's. They're all marked up with red pen (as a form of note-taking, not proofreading!) with important words circled, phrases underlined and notes in the margins.

I remember there being a lot of commonality between the books, but still enough that was different that I didn't regret owning three copies of the same thing.

Rodney

Freddie

I have always used her books and she is still my favourite tarot author. She doesn't overegg the pudding. I find she illuminates much of Waite's 'Key to The Tarot'.

Freddie

tarotcardrose

They are my favorite of all the tarot books. And I have a lot@

mikemike33

My 1988 version of the Tarot Revealed is so well used it is falling apart. I love her clear concise descriptions.