BBC book at my local library!!!!

faunabay

I was looking for something else in the children's section at my local library where I live in Missouri USA. And there it was!! The Baroque Bohemian Cats Book!!!! I was so pleasantly shocked!!! woohoo!!! Your book is getting a much wider audience Karen and Alex!!!!

cardlady22

I wish your librarians lived/worked here!

I've donated quite a few books over the years, but they never showed up on the shelf, so I've stopped giving them to our branch. Found out one of the ladies in receiving was selling books on eBay! Hopefully, she gives some of it to the library.

faunabay

cardlady22 said:
I wish your librarians lived/worked here!

I've donated quite a few books over the years, but they never showed up on the shelf, so I've stopped giving them to our branch. Found out one of the ladies in receiving was selling books on eBay! Hopefully, she gives some of it to the library.
OMG!! That's awful! I hope the library figured out what she was doing and put a stop to it!

SphinYote

faunabay said:
OMG!! That's awful! I hope the library figured out what she was doing and put a stop to it!

Most donations at any library go to book sales, they don't typically go in the stacks. It just depends on what they consider to be topics of need or interest at any given time. You can't put out everything that comes in or you'd end up with a lot of duplicates and a lot of stuff that might take up space and never get checked out.

For example in the case of tarot, there might just not be sufficient interest among patrons in a given township (and aversion in some) for them to want to give over the shelf space and sacrifice what goes to a more popular topic. She might have been selling them with the blessing of the library.

cardlady22

Oh, I'm sure they used money to buy books they thought they wanted. It was just disheartening to overhear the conversation. And to see how much empty shelf space they do have. I donated from many genres, not just the evil, woo-woo stuff. }) :laugh: