Tarot for Dummies

sunflowr

Does anyone have this book, "Tarot for Dummies"? It's by Amber Jayanti. If you do, what are your thoughts on it? Has it helped you with tarot?

divinerguy

I have this book, and its a great resource. She has some great ideas, and conveys them well in this book.

My only caution is that Amber Jayanti is a BOTA trained scholar. If your dogma has evolved from another source, it could be in conflict.

Red Emma

Tarot for dummies

A question for devinerguy:

BOTA trained scholar?

RE

Rusty Neon

BOTA

Hi ... See BOTA's website.

http://www.bota.org/

I'm not a member, but BOTA offers a multi-year correspondence course in esoteric studies, including the tarot.

divinerguy

Re: Tarot for dummies

Red Emma said:
A question for devinerguy:

BOTA trained scholar?

RE

BOTA stands for Brotherhood of the Adytym. It is a mystical school whose headquarters is in Los Angeles. In addition to the practice of religion, they teach a course about the Tarot.

Their course about the Tarot focuses on the Qaballah as a basis for card correspondences. Should you follow Golden Dawn, Thoth or other systems of correspondences, it could be in conflict.

Rusty Neon

Re: Re: Tarot for dummies

divinerguy said:
BOTA stands for Brotherhood of the Adytym. It is a mystical school whose headquarters is in Los Angeles. In addition to the practice of religion, they teach a course about the Tarot.

Their course about the Tarot focuses on the Qaballah as a basis for card correspondences. Should you follow Golden Dawn, Thoth or other systems of correspondences, it could be in conflict.

Hi divinerguy ... I haven't followed BOTA teachings too much. However, I note that GD and Crowley also used Qabalah in their tarot systems. Can you give an example of how the BOTA system of tarot correspondences would be in conflict?

Thanks !

Phoenix

I thought BOTA stood for Builders of the Adytum....

divinerguy

Phoenix - correct - I should've checked my materials before I spoke