book recommendation for learning cards intuitively

Umbrae

KafkasGhost said:
I take it you were asking for books to give you ideas on how to learn your cards intuitively? You can probably get a lot of ideas here. A "book" to learn "intuitively" is a bit of an oxymoron b/c I think we take "intuitive" reading here to mean eschewing books entirely.
True/not true.

some really really smart folks have died in the wood because they kept going round in circles as opposed to walking in a straight line.

We don't need books to tell us WHAT to think, we need books that tell us HOW to think, HOW to intuit - and not WHAT we are going to intuit.

However most books out there concentrate on 'This means That' (IMO).

I stated in another post the other day how Rapport is far more important than meanings. How to communicate is more important that what you are communicating - but I can only think of one book that even comes close to touching that subject (noted in post above).

Learning to trust the inner you - is far more difficult for most than we imagine. And a little guidence goes a long way.

The Process, is not for everybody. But in this case - it may be what is needed.

http://marygreer.wordpress.com/2008/10/27/dan-pelletiers-the-process-audio-book/

gregory

daphne said:
Hm, 30 times and every time something different?!
I feel so dumb!
You could join the so-called intuitive reading group here - we don't use book meanings at all.

gregory

Yes - only audio..... We deaf people are not pleased..... :(

daphne

gregory said:
You could join the so-called intuitive reading group here - we don't use book meanings at all.

Could you please give me a link?

KafkasGhost

Umbrae said:
True/not true.

some really really smart folks have died in the wood because they kept going round in circles as opposed to walking in a straight line.

We don't need books to tell us WHAT to think, we need books that tell us HOW to think, HOW to intuit - and not WHAT we are going to intuit.

This is definitely what I meant by eschewing books. "Books" I should have clarified in my post as ones that tell us the what not the how.

Umbrae said:
However most books out there concentrate on 'This means That' (IMO).
ITA.

Umbrae said:
I stated in another post the other day how Rapport is far more important than meanings. How to communicate is more important that what you are communicating - but I can only think of one book that even comes close to touching that subject (noted in post above).

Learning to trust the inner you - is far more difficult for most than we imagine. And a little guidence goes a long way.

The Process, is not for everybody. But in this case - it may be what is needed.

http://marygreer.wordpress.com/2008/10/27/dan-pelletiers-the-process-audio-book/

Interesting! This kind of learning and relationship with tarot is right up my alley. Thanks for sharing the link, Umbrae!

[I'm sorry to go OT, Daphne. :love:]

daphne

KafkasGhost said:
[I'm sorry to go OT, Daphne. :love:]

ITA, OT, etc, I am not very familiar with net-shortcuts, dont know what they mean:)

KafkasGhost

daphne said:
ITA, OT, etc, I am not very familiar with net-shortcuts, dont know what they mean:)

Apologies!
ITA: In Total Agreement

OT: Off Topic

avalonian

Another vote here for The Process (accompanied by paper and pencil). Helps you to get your mind to work for itself.

It just sort of soaks into you without you realising. And stops you running back to check books to see if you are "right" or not.

:) :) :)