Twilight Realm - A Tarot of Faery

Morwenna

I don't care who they look like. I want them anyway. :D

That is one gorgeous deck. I love the colors against black, and I love the art.

twilightrealm

You are so sweet!

WinterRose

It's a beautiful deck! Not my cup of tea, I must admit, but visually stunning!

faunabay

I wanted to bump this thread.

While I'm ALL about faeries after seeing the scans here on the computer I really didn't want this deck at all. The scans made me think of black light posters from the 70's and 80's. (shudder) Just didn't do a thing for me.

That being said though..............}) I saw the deck in person this weekend and LOVED it!! I was able to flip through the complete deck and absolutely fell in love!

The cards have such a sweetness about them but at the same time have bunches of depth to them too! They aren't all sweetness and light so do have depth, but on the whole it's a wonderful, wonderful deck!

Since alot of people know how I feel about faeries I thought I needed to come say I caved and fell in love with this one!! :heart: :D

autumn star

That last time I posted in this thread I had only just ordered it & now I have it and I love it.

It definately looks better in person, faunabay :) I like the black backgrounds they make this deck standout to me from other decks.

It took me a little while to get used to the slightly altered meanings ... especially with the Hanged One which is depicted by a woman with a noose around her neck, has anyone else found this with this card?

A beautiful deck though :)

faunabay

Yes the Hanged One is very different. I didn't think I'd like it until I read the book meaning. That changed the way I looked at that card though.

There are a few courts that just draw me in somehow. The King of Pents and the Queen of Wands. Those two pull me in and feel somewhat familar. :) While the Page of cups is absolutely adorable!!

autumn star

faunabay said:
Yes the Hanged One is very different. I didn't think I'd like it until I read the book meaning. That changed the way I looked at that card though.

Yeah, I know the book meaning is a little different to what one could imagine from looking at the image. The picture kind of makes me stop in my tracks ... it spooks me a little - not that it's scary but a little unnerving. It's the only card in this deck that I have this reaction to though.

faunabay said:
There are a few courts that just draw me in somehow. The King of Pents and the Queen of Wands. Those two pull me in and feel somewhat familar. :) While the Page of cups is absolutely adorable!!

I agree, all the courts are captivating as are the Empress & Emporer.

Overall, I love it, the Hanged One though I need to give more thought too :)

daphne

I would like to hear more opinions about this deck.

I would like to buy it but I could not find more than few scans online.

gregory

There are 7 scans here, and a couple of different ones on Tarotgarden's site. Also if you use google images you can find quite a few individual cards.

It always astonishes me that people expect to be able to see a whole deck before buying it. We don't get to read a whole book before buying, so where is the difference ?

Le Fanu

I'll buy anything given the right mood and I see this deck often in shops around here and yet it is always so expensive, with all that thick Schaeffer packaging. Even online it isn't cheap. A few pounds more and it's enough for a Meneghello, so no contest really. I always end up deciding not to buy it

But I do wonder about it.