Twilight Realm - A Tarot of Faery

Le Fanu

Who all uses this deck and how is it as a reading deck? I like the scans, but liking the scans doesn't necessarily make it a good reading deck (for me).
I received this deck only yesterday, so I guess I'm entitled to comment? :)

Some stunning cards; the Empress (on the box) is perhaps one of the nicest cards. I love the artwork on black. Makes it very dramatic.

The only problem- like Manda says - it is a bit twee, and some of the cards must be friends or family members and those cards stand out (3 of Cups, Page of Cups) and are probably the least successful, the least "fairy". But there are some very dramatic images (I love the Princess of Rings, King of Swords).

The deck definitely has something. A bit like a cross between the Buckland-Romani (in certain cards) with Anna K. (in others.) A kind of mixture of these decks, done in pastel on black.

It's not quite as ethereal as I imagine fairy decks to be, but that's the artist's vision, and the cards as being black front and back make for a very dramatic deck. I love Schiffer cardstock and packaging too. Some great images, and I have been reading the book too which seems quite good. It is a very comprehensive package which would be a very nice gift set for a beginner. I don't mean only a beginner, just that it is a very nice boxed set.

oh, but I have to say, I haven't read with it yet! Still reading the book!

Let me scan some unseen cards which I like. hang on...

Le Fanu

OK.. Here are some cards I like...

Attachments

• scan0010.jpg
    scan0010.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 400

Le Fanu

And some I'm not too keen on...

Attachments

• scan0011.jpg
    scan0011.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 185

Miss Divine

Thank you for those scans Le Fanu, really appreciate it! I've been thinking about purchasing this deck, but I'm still only ''thinking'' about it.;)

So far I've had 3 positive responses about this deck, which is a good thing. The only Schiffer deck I have is the Kingdom Within. The packaging is just wonderful. The cards are good quality, but a bit too laminated, a bit sticky, and akward to shuffle. Maybe the cardstock is different with the Twilight Realm. I'm becoming very picky with which decks I buy, because they are ridiculously expensive where I live, and I'm lucky to even get half of what I paid if I sell them on.
I don't mind twee, as long as it isn't too much twee. :laugh:

Hopefully I'll get more responses before I make up my mind.

Le Fanu

Oh the cardstock is thick and quite laminated, which makes for quite a chunky deck. It's the same as the other Schiffer decks (with the exception of the Transparent). I like this lamination. It isn't as overwhelming as U.S Games.

Manda

And this pretty much sums up all the cards I said I wasn't fond of. HAHA.

Same here! Those are the goo cards.

Miss Divine, I think the card stock is pretty much the same as the Kingdom Within. I do not riffle so it does not bother me.

Miss Divine

I don't riffle the Kingdom Within, because they are too big for me to shuffle that way. I shuffle these hand over hand, but they kinda clump together from stickiness. I think that will get better with time, or else they are getting a powder treatment. ;)

Bhavana

eek. sorry, but this art reminds me of the old velvet paintings of elvis and spanish bullfighters that were really big in the late 60's, early 70's.