Andromeda Klein

Laura Borealis

There are several copies from Amazon sellers for just 1 cent! (Amazon U.S.) I just ordered one. With shipping it's still less than you'd pay for a frappuccino at Starbucks. :p

Thanks for the tip, it sounds right up my alley.

prismlight

Ah, yes, the one-cent copies! exactly my train of thought...

AJ

I've got it on unabridged audio CD if someone wants to think of something interesting in trade...

jackdaw*

I finished it yesterday.

Have to be the devil's advocate here. I didn't much care for it. Too much dwelling on the esoterica crammed in there, it kind of interrupted the story and made me think of Dan Brown who can't help but hammer on any scholarly point for fear we'd miss how smart he is to know this stuff.

Well, and it's a young adult book, and I didn't read those even when I was a young adult. Back then I read books to escape teenaged angst and mean girls at school.

All in all, I suppose for me it was worth a read, but not a reread. Glad I got it at the library and didn't actually pay money for it.

I have a feeling I'm about to be shouted down :laugh:

Lillie

I loved it.

I shout you down, JD :D

jackdaw*

Consider me shouted down :laugh:

Lillie

I identified with her so much.

I was like that when I was younger, so nerdy about all that magic stuff. It was all so damn important.

It has to be there. It's who she is.
How she sees the world; it's the world she's made to make sense of the real one.
Without it there's nothing but a girl meets boy story.

I loved it.
I loved the map in the back.

Also, I was ordered to read it by the boss :D, and I can't argue with the boss. She said I'd love it and I did.

jackdaw*

Ah, but the boss was right about Little, Big so I guess she was allowed to be wrong about this one ...

For me, anyway. I see why so many people here loved it. But it just wasn't my cup of tea, tarot or no tarot, magick or no magick (k or no k).

Lillie

:D

The K or no K cracked me up something rotten.

Ashtaroot

I totally enjoyed it :)