Flotsam and Jetsam Divination Kits! Help create one for you and one for me!

thorhammer

Satori said:
I would love a paua shell though. Any of you Aussies on the coast? :D
I don't think we really get paua here. It's more a New Zealand thing - and usually expensive to get a hold of. If it's anything like abalone here, if you get caught taking it from the wild you're in big trouble! :bugeyed:

\m/ Kat

Satori

Even if it is a dead one? Paua is an abalone.....yikes don't get caught! LOL. ;) Just kidding.

Absolutely no illegal contraband in this flotsam, but sigh, still looking for a paua shell.

thorhammer

Yep, even if it's dead. Serious business. The Fisheries Dept here are ferocious!

\m/ Kat

cardlady22

I was thinking that I'll spread the little things out and ask "Who wants to go to X?"

As far as casting them, the easiest way is to have a little cloth marked in whatever way you deem fit. Whatever falls together within a designated area gets combined for the "reading."

Chronata

I have done sortilege and junk readings many different ways!

You can cast them on a cloth, like Cardlady says...and a cloth with symbols makes it even easier!

or you can just reach in the bag and what comes to your hand, is what you read.

or you can shake the bag and see what falls out...and where...

Or you can lay out objects and use a pendulum...or a cat...to choose which ones that need to be read.

I like doing sortilege for other people...especially if they don't know what's in the bag ahead of time! Make them choose their own reading.

Satori

Cardlady is right there, the groups of objects create the reading, and interesting sometimes if something is absent from an area, but seems like it should have been there, can create a part of the reading.

I have to say that Chronata is pretty amazing at this kind of thing. I've learned some of my foundational methods of casting and reading from her! It was a very quick lithomancy reading that she did for me, and was sort of unfinished, because garderner was hustling her out the door. And it changed my life. I became a divination junk junky after that.

So you can have a reading cloth that is based on astrology, playing cards, seasons, etc and then your objects may have assigned meanings or elemental associations. And you go from there.

Oh Chronata....please do pontificate upon the topic! ;) Let's see if I can find her lithomancy thread....

And fran has her own method as well. She must be around here somewhere...franniee!!! Can you share your methods for pessomantic divination???

I'll be back to talk about how I do junk readings. And maybe someone can talk about how Mama JuJu does hers???? Where is Scion? Or Mimers....can't find anyone this morning....

faunabay

I'm going to be gone until Monday. I might check in tomorrow morning but am going out of town and will be off the computer. So if anything changes for this I won't be here to see until Monday. So don't do anything fun without me! }) hehe
Actually I just want you all to know why I won't be posting or contributing anything until then! :* But I'll catch up quickly on monday! :*

Satori

Chronata and I must have been cross posting. I saw it when I posted but was out of time for doodling here and had to go. I am now back from my running around, sister lunch, "Op Shop" hopping. My sister has wanted to visit a big Op Shop near me for some time now and I brought her today, and ooo lalala. I found some great stuff. Problem? I want to keep it all or buy more and don't want to spend more!!!

And the stuff would present itself and sort of whisper, "I am for Aulruna." "I am for faunabay." "I am for franniee." Jeesh. How do you leave it behind when it knows it wants to go to a certain individual? Finally I had to walk around with my fingers in my ears singing LALA-LALA-LALA-LAAAAAA!

As my mother used to say, "Who do you think I am? The bank of America?

Wait until you see the cool stuff I found today...oooooeeeee!

franniee

Well my method is to hold all of the stuff in the palm of my two hands together and shake it up, think of what I want to know about and drop it on a cloth. Black is the easiest for me to use as a back drop but any color will do. Then I see what is grouped with what and where each piece fell .... I look for patterns and groupings and colors ..... I get up and walk around and come back to it - I look at it with blurry eyes and upside down.... literally. :D Then I see where we are. It's not very complicated but it can be quite complex. ;)