Flotsam and Jetsam Divination Kits! The Sirens of Oosa

Satori

Hey Sirens! Make your home here!

Swap ideas for your kits, post your definite No-No's and later when the kits have been mailed and adored, we'll do our reading circles.

You have one week to assemble your goods. The first person in your list gets her goodies first. I leave it up to you to make sure you trade addresses, but will check back to make sure no one gets left behind!!!

The Sirens of Oosa
Northern Tigress-USA
Kaleanna-USA
Appollonia-USA
Celice-USA
Stefficus-USA
faunabay-USA-Temp. placement

Feel free to pop into the other rooms and see what is going on in there. We are a family and we need to stay connected. Use the main thread for group discussion as well.

Have fun!

kaleanna

Hi All,

How is everyone doing? I do not yet have a theme for my oracle yet but I know that I do not want any kind of bones as they kinda creep me out, LOL. I will try and figure out my theme quickly though as I noticed that I am second on the list.

kaleanna

Celice

kaleanna said:
Hi All,

How is everyone doing? I do not yet have a theme for my oracle yet but I know that I do not want any kind of bones as they kinda creep me out, LOL. I will try and figure out my theme quickly though as I noticed that I am second on the list.

kaleanna

Yeah... I'd also like no bones in mine, it kinda creeps me out too lol. Also seed pods and things like that (because they could fall apart easily).

Apollonia

This will be fun!

Hi, fellow Sirens!

The theme for my kit is "Ancient Reflections."

I'm on a shamanic path, and I would prefer items that feel ancient, mystical, or related to divination. I like natural items that are durable, but synthetic materials are fine as long as they look like the real thing.

I would not want Christmas-related items, dead animals, things that reference pop culture, or anything cartoonish, including Disney-type stuff.

Elven

Sneaking into your group thread here to see what you guys are up to ... mwahaha })
Ancient Reflections sounds like a great theme Apollonia :)

*sneaks off*

NorthernTigress

Hi team!

I have a pretty cool collection of stuff right now. I haven't counted them recently, but my little leather jewelry bag is close to overflowing.

I have a general idea of Textures as a theme, because I have a wonderful piece of seashell, and a harmony-ball that I'm thinking of taking off its pendant cord. As many different kinds of textures -- soft, hard, smooth, rough--as possible. I'm such a touchy-feely person! :D

I wouldn't have a problem with small bones, and I would love to own a piece of antler (if someone could sneak it past Canada Customs).

(After poking around) I have about twelve "for sure" items, plus the two I'm keeping. Their pretty eclectic (or is that Aeclectic ;) ?) I don't want to reveal any surprises, but I just want to throw out a few words to see the reactions.

Angels
Dice
Military

Celice

NorthernTigress said:
Angels
Dice
Military

Textures is an awesome theme. I'm having a difficult time thinking of a theme for myself.

As for your ideas so far, I'm not really a fan of angel type stuff, but I do enjoy dice and I wouldn't say no to a neat military medal or something. :D

NorthernTigress

Update:

My husband has donated a few things. No military stuff -- he's rather possessive -- but he let me look through his collection of lapel pins. We will try to snip the pins off for safety.

Celice

NorthernTigress said:
Update:

My husband has donated a few things. No military stuff -- he's rather possessive -- but he let me look through his collection of lapel pins. We will try to snip the pins off for safety.

Ooh that's a good idea. I didn't think to use pins because of the pointy bits but if they can be snapped off that would work perfectly.

stefficus

ooo, good idea!

i don't mind bones or... or whatever, really. i think my theme is "random". :laugh: i'm not crazy about angel-y or otherwise fluffy stuff (i mean, really... have you read the actual descriptions of angels in the bible? they sound scary as hell, not sparkly), but all sorts of things could come up in a reading so all sorts of things should be included.

i love love love "found" objects. that's what i'm going to seed my bag with, although one of my favorite found objects is much too heavy to be cast and so will have to stay out.