Flotsam and Jetsam Divination Kits! The Sirens of Oosa

NorthernTigress

stefficus said:
i love love love "found" objects. that's what i'm going to seed my bag with, although one of my favorite found objects is much too heavy to be cast and so will have to stay out.

Exactly what do you mean by a "found object"? Found in Nature? Or Found in the back of someone's closet? Because I have a lot more of the latter than the former.

Celice

stefficus said:
i'm not crazy about angel-y or otherwise fluffy stuff (i mean, really... have you read the actual descriptions of angels in the bible? they sound scary as hell, not sparkly),\

I'm totally with you on this. Angels do sound scary in the bible and I'm generally not into fluffy stuff... except...

I love unicorns! :laugh:

stefficus

NorthernTigress said:
Exactly what do you mean by a "found object"? Found in Nature? Or Found in the back of someone's closet? Because I have a lot more of the latter than the former.

hehe. yeah, me too, although some of those objects found in the back of my closet were once found on a walk in the woods, or at a crossroads in the dead of night, or behind cafe du monde in new orleans, or in a campfire that's burned down.... that kind of thing. found in an attic is perfectly reasonable. found is found.

i expect i'll find some things in my mailbox, for instance. ;) i just like that unexpected touch, like going for coffee and finding a playing card in front of your car when you come back.

stefficus

Celice said:
I love unicorns! :laugh:

*scribbles notes* loves.... uni.....cornsssss.... check! :D

eh, i have a thing for dragonflies and rubber duckies. "generally" is such a USEFUL qualifying term. ;)

Satori

I have read about people who find playing cards. And I thought to myself, I have never found a playing card, and why not? LOL. Last summer there I am hauling me and my three kids up the beach to our hotel and there at my feet, sparkling in the sun is the Ace of Clubs. She was a tad crumpled but damn I put down three beach bags and three beach chairs and bent over and snatched that Ace of Clubs up like it was a diamond ring.

:royal:

kaleanna

Satori said:
I have read about people who find playing cards. And I thought to myself, I have never found a playing card, and why not? LOL. Last summer there I am hauling me and my three kids up the beach to our hotel and there at my feet, sparkling in the sun is the Ace of Clubs. She was a tad crumpled but damn I put down three beach bags and three beach chairs and bent over and snatched that Ace of Clubs up like it was a diamond ring.

:royal:

I have never read about people who find playing cards, is it interesting to read about? And I have never found a playing card either.

Satori

ROFL I read about it here silly one. Right here in Divination people talk about finding playing cards. ;) This is the forum for playing card divination as well.

kaleanna

Satori said:
ROFL I read about it here silly one. Right here in Divination people talk about finding playing cards. ;) This is the forum for playing card divination as well.
LOL, I was trying to search on here as you were posting that. Inbetween dealing with a not so quite lil one, LOL.

We are going to be going to a bday party for the lil girl that lives next door. So I will be gone for a couple of hours at about noon time til about 2ish (depending on how lil one does and if he starts to scream which I have not been able to get him out of that phase yet.

kaleanna

well shucks, search isn't working for me right now. guess I will try later to find that info.

NorthernTigress

Just looking at the first posting.

I live in Canada. Not much difference from USA, except that you have to worry about Customs inspectors sniffing around the envelopes. The mail might be a little bit more expensive too.