Flotsam and Jetsam Divination Kits! The Sirens of Oosa

shamoness

Has everyone sent each other their addresses? I have Kaleanna's and Northern Tigress's

When the rest of you get the chance please send yours. I'll reply with mine.

Apollonia

shamoness said:
I wouldn't offer if I thought it would be to much work. So I'm planning on six. If you don't want a "star" as the center design say so. I will be painting the designs not stitching them. I use acrylics to which I add a fabric medium. The colors are nice and strong and they can be washed if need be. Although they don't really get dirty. Unless, like me, you have obnoxious cats who like to lie on your stuff!

I wanted to say "Welcome!" also, Shamoness! And since I don't do anything crafty at all, I am so relieved to hear that you don't mind making a whole bunch of these cloths, because I have NOTHING to cast my items onto. So thank you, thank you!
Blessings,
Amanda

Apollonia

NorthernTigress said:
And since I'm the designated Canuck in this group, I'm wondering if anyone would specifically want something "Canadian". I admit that my things won't be nearly as cool as Mi-Shell's, but if you want something with a maple leaf on it (or something like that ;) ), let me know.

Hi, NorthernTigress! Since I live in Minnesota and have traveled to Canada a couple of times, I already have quite a bit of Canadian memorabilia, so...

Apollonia

shamoness said:
I have some beautiful shells I've collected from our local beach. Is anyone opposed to shells? I've some lovely sea glass as well. Looking through all my stuff I realize I could make a whole Ocean Oracle just from the stuff I have around here.

I'm in no way opposed to shells, but I have a lot of them, so would love something else. Thanks!

stefficus

not opposed to shells, have a bunch myself. :D and the cork on the pin backs is a fabulous idea!

everyone should have my address by now - if not, please say so.

kaleanna

stefficus said:
not opposed to shells, have a bunch myself. :D and the cork on the pin backs is a fabulous idea!

everyone should have my address by now - if not, please say so.

I need your addy and also need faunabay's addy.

kaleanna

shamoness said:
I was thinking about the pins and wondering if clipping off the backs was working. I have buttons that I've used a shank remover on. But the button shanks are softer than pin shanks. I think pins are a pretty cool idea. If you can't remove the shanks and don't want to spend money for pins backs, try pieces of a wine cork. You could cut that small and it would be easy to glue.

That is a great idea for the cork for the pin backs.

shamoness said:
I have some beautiful shells I've collected from our local beach. Is anyone opposed to shells? I've some lovely sea glass as well. Looking through all my stuff I realize I could make a whole Ocean Oracle just from the stuff I have around here.

I am not opposed to shells or sea glass. Hmmmm "Ocean Oracle" ......... will have to make one of those one day. For this one I am still saying whatever makes it's way to me will be great, just do NOT want bones or poo or anything icky like that LOL

shamoness said:
Hubby just offered a bunch of his "trinkets". He said he's got "lots of that stuff, help yourself." Cool!

That is very sweet of your Hubby to offer up trinkets for this project :)

shamoness

I still need addresses for Stefficus, Celice and faunabay. I know I had Stefficus before but I have a new book and the addy is not in it.

I'm heading to the Art Supply store today to pick up some canvas. Is there anyone who doesn't want a reading cloth?

Apollonia

I still need addresses from stefficus and faunabay. Thanks!

NorthernTigress

Shamoness, I'll take a cloth if it comes with some basic instructions. :D A star-shape is fine with me.

I've got a definite three items per person right now. The last treasure might just end up being distributed randomly.

I'm pretty sure I've got everyone's address now.

Since the like/don't like lists Celice and Kaleanna posted were very useful for me, I'll try to post one of my own.

animals: especially big cats, wolves, foxes
fairies
figurines

Things I like, but probably already have somewhere

raw and polished stones
postage stamps

Things I like, and don't have yet:

antique keys (Skeleton key style)
glass marbles
sea glass
fossils
foreign/old coins
cameos
doll furniture (I like mini versions of real things)

Dislikes

Buttons (unless it is really unique)
seeds (probably wouldn't get to me anyway)

----

I'm just as willing to get modern/manufactured things as natural things. And since my theme is "textures" I wouldn't mind little bits of leather, velvet, silk etc.

Hope this helps!