Flotsam and Jetsam Divination Kits! The Little Drummer Girls

OmSeaweed

...Hopefully you guys can see the pics now (I've temporarily switched over from "Just friends/family can view" to "Anyone can view" for a few days :) )

I'm going to set myself to divining the meaning of the pieces tonight and tomorrow, then :)

(p.s. I love the idea of setting up a spread cloth kind into divisions--The Fixed Point Reading Method--something a kin to an astrology chart. I was going to read on the purple velvet you see in the photos--hopefully you can see the photos, lol--now, happily, I'll zone it and make something of a mini sacred space, too...with ever *more* found objects! And then figure out what the zones mean...and *then* hop over to the readings post!)

p.p.s. Please let me know if the pics continue not to show...o.k.? Best case, I can figure it out w/ Flikr...worse case maybe I'll try again over at Picassa. By the by, have you guys checked out all the fun things at picnik through Flikr? Oh! I can see *ages* spent there, lol!

By the by...Happy Easter! (I'm just in it for the sweets, lol!)

Cat*

Milfoil said:
Goodness me Cat, how much did you send me? I feel so very honoured to be the recipient of such wonders.
...and here I was, thinking I had shown considerable restraint in the number of things I sent (compared to some people in some of our sister threads)! :laugh: ;)

Milfoil said:
A Hazel shell nibbled by squirrel - saving for a rainy day, accessing wisdom and using your skills to find what nourishes you.
Not to sound like a know-it-all, but I know such details are important to you, so please allow me this correction: The hazelnut has been nibbled open by a Mouse, not by a Squirrel (they usually crack open the nuts from the pointy end) - at least that's what my children's nature book says. I also don't think a Squirrel would have dug the hazelnuts into the bottom of the box I found them in. :)

Milfoil said:
Thank you so much Cat, I am eager to put all the pieces together now and start reading with them. I think I have a little bag somewhere which they can all go in but whether the crow jaw would survive is another matter?
Yeah, I also worried a bit about the Crow bill holding up to vigourous shaking/rummaging next to stones or metal. Maybe you can find another use for it if you'd rather not destroy it by including it in your oracle?

Cat*

OmSeaweed said:
...Hopefully you guys can see the pics now (I've temporarily switched over from "Just friends/family can view" to "Anyone can view" for a few days :) )
[...]
p.p.s. Please let me know if the pics continue not to show...o.k.?
I still can't access your pictures. :( If I remember correctly, you should be able to change the settings for individuals pictures, so there's no need to show off your entire album to the world because you want to share a few photos.

Maybe you could see if you get different links when you right-click on "copy image address" (or whatever that function is called in English-language browsers) vs. when you copy the link (in the browser address field) to the flickr page with the image? I hope this makes some sort of sense since I use a German-language browser myself, which makes explaining these things a bit difficult...

Milfoil

The easiest way to show photos is to upload them via the 'Manage Attachments' button below the reply box when you reply to a message.

Images do have to be fairly small in overall size though so if you have large files, you can reduce their size easily with a lovely bit of free software called 'Easy Thumbnails'.

Cat*

Milfoil said:
The easiest way to show photos is to upload them via the 'Manage Attachments' button below the reply box when you reply to a message.
Isn't that function only available to subscribers?

OmSeaweed said:
(...have changed all to "Anyone can see this photo,"...maybe now it'll work...? I feel terrible using up post space here just for these pictures...)

Here's the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/48854696@N02/?savedsettings=4477418781#photo4477418781

YAY! It works! I can see them! :party: (Don't feel bad about posting here for technical assistance - many of us have done that at some point...)

Your items are great! I especially love the old pack of needles and the copper pendant with the Spirit Boat.

OmSeaweed said:
O.K., so, more or less, we assign our own meanings to the objects (along with those, here, of friends,) then we (gulp!) jump into reading for the person above us...right?
Yes, everyone figures out what the items mean for them. You could do that beforehand and assign fixed meanings to each item, or you could read completely intuitively and see what the bits and pieces tell you once you've cast them for a reading. Or you could do a mixture of the two.

The groups are free to decide how to organize their readings. I've seen that they are going by the "read for the person above you" method in at least one of the sister threads, which I think is a good structure.

However, I believe it'll take at least another couple of days until all packages we sent to each other in the Drummer Girls group have arrived, so I'm not sure any of us feels ready to read yet (I know I don't, because I'd like to have everything together before I start reading with the items). So if you're already ready to go, you could head over to the group reading thread (open for all) where you read for the person above you and then get to ask a question yourself. :)

Milfoil

Ah, yes, subscriber only - sheesh, I forgot!

Sorry.

Yes, I can see them also now Omseaweed. Cool collection!

Satori

Hey omseaweed, two of your seashells are money cowries and should be over in the picture with the money!!! The two little shells with the yellowish crescents on the back are the money cowries and were used as currency for a long time. I love money cowries and wampum, you might say I have a fascination for shell money.

In fact, here in Massachusetts USA you could pay for a college education with wampum at one time. I think you could actually pay for Harvard with wampum! :eek:

cardlady22

I added links to the groups of items in each of my posts. I'm fiddling around with them and getting a feel for which of my own items I'll be adding in.