11? 777?

.traveller.

I have heard that 11 is a master number but I do not know the significance of it. I dreamt of a page of 11s added up to 777.

What does 11 mean? 777 I do associate with "Lucky Sevens" but again, I do not know any more than that.

thorhammer

In the Thelemic magickal system, 11 is the number associated with Babalon, the (good -ish) anarchic goddess of lust and self-empowerment, and with magick itself.

Liber 777 is an incredibly boring book or series of tables that is nonetheless astonishingly useful and well-thought-out. It lays out the associations between astrology, qabalah, Enochian entities, numerology and a host of other symbologies.

\m/ Kat

.traveller.

:laugh: " incredibly boring book " It must be really snooze-inducing for you to say that. :D
I'll take a look at it, thank you!

thinbuddha

I've heard the more doe-eyed dogmatic (and frankly stupid) Christians claim 777 as the "number of God". This is always said in reference of 666 being considered a Satanic number, or "the number of the beast". 777 is claimed because it is "better" (bigger and luckier) than 666. Normal Christians have probably never heard such a thing, and might find it as amusing as I do.

Baroli

"scuse me. I am a Christian and I have heard of 777, but not in that light. Seven is God's favorite number.

.traveller.

I've been doing some poking around and found a variety of things, some useful some not.
One site stated that 777 proved that 9/11 was caused by the Illuminati. Another one said it was a sign of alien abduction.

I did see some bible references, such as the word "priest" supposedly appears 777 times in the bible. The version was not mentioned. A few more esoteric bible references via numerology, I imagine I would have to have a much better understanding of the book to make any connections.

Found a Thelemic reference, along with an "idiot's guide" which I printed out. Forgot it at work though.

My search for #11 was much more successful.

I did see one person mention that the number 777 was a spiritual message indicating the completion of one of the "tasks" one's soul was sent here to do. There was an argument set forth supporting this view. It seemed reasonable given my limited knowledge on the subject.

thinbuddha

at the risk of drifting off topic...

This is still barely on topic... I think. But it does sort of invite the discussion to drift elsewhere. Mods and traveler forgive me for my sins..... Please delete the post entirely it it is deemed too far off topic (I have no desire to spawn a new thread on this topic).

Baroli said:
"scuse me. I am a Christian and I have heard of 777, but not in that light. Seven is God's favorite number.

"Not in that light"? "Favorite number"?

Sorry if you're offended. Perhaps I'm missing something (I'm not exactly a biblical scholar) but.......

How is it that we know God has a "favorite number"? And even if we accept that 7 is God's favorite, it doesn't exactly explain where people get the idea that "777" (seven hundred and seventy-seven) means anything at all. "7" might have meaning, or "7777777" (seven 7's), but "777"? Where would this come from?

It seemed to me that it's only a "me too" response to "666". I've only ever heard it talked about by people that are "doe-eyed dogmatic" types, so I've never given it much credibility.

Am I missing something?