Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Kimberlee's entry

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • NamasteIndia's entry

Votes: 16 37.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Major Tom

For the fifth year in a row I'm running a contest to select the cover of the Tarot Lovers' Calendar. This year we've got 4 entries from 4 different artists and I think the standard is very high. Money talks in this contest. The poll question is: The cover I would definitely buy is?

Please select your favorite. Do take the time to look at all of them before you vote. Thanks for helping me pick a winner. Unfortunately I've had to reduce the size of the entries in order to post them here. For background and rules to the contest please see this thread. For an opportunity to pre-order a copy of the Tarot Lovers' Calendar 2011 and see all the entries together please visit my website.

This poll will close and the winner be announced on 14th April 2010.

The Tarot Lovers' Calendar is an act of love for the Aeclectic Tarot Forums. All the content is contributed by members of the forums. This is for you. All contributors will receive a free copy of the calendar. Plus as always, a percentage of profits will return to Aeclectic. Ya'll are the best and the Tarot Lovers' Calendar is your showcase. Buy ten and give them as presents. Show the love.

Attachments

• draagonstorm10entrysm.jpg
    draagonstorm10entrysm.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 147
  • Gerberentrysm.jpg
    Gerberentrysm.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 133
  • KimberleeATCalendar2011Entrysm.jpg
    KimberleeATCalendar2011Entrysm.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 148
  • NamasteIndiaentrysm.jpg
    NamasteIndiaentrysm.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 136

Orenda

Thank you to all the artists for offering their talents, and to you Tom for making this happen. I hope that all four artists know how appreciative members are for their genuine efforts, and the beauty of the works they submitted.

NamasteIndia

thank you for letting us participate. looking forward to submitting a entry next year also.

OmSeaweed

Just wanted to compliment everyone on their artwork and different visions : )

I feel a little guilty, though for thinking Dragonstorm and NamasteIndia would've made the *best* fusion calendar cover. I mean, you have all that Chagal-esqueness in Namaste's sari-clad cover in Holi-vivid pigments. Then there's Dragonstorm's finish and polish in the evocative traditional visual language of modern metaphysics.

Wow!

cardlady22

Each one of them has Something, but this year I am drawn to the entry by Kimberlee. Opening new doors or windows via the cards in a spread.

NamasteIndia

OmSeaweed said:
Just wanted to compliment everyone on their artwork and different visions : )

I feel a little guilty, though for thinking Dragonstorm and NamasteIndia would've made the *best* fusion calendar cover. I mean, you have all that Chagal-esqueness in Namaste's sari-clad cover in Holi-vivid pigments. Then there's Dragonstorm's finish and polish in the evocative traditional visual language of modern metaphysics.

Wow!
yes a fusion would be fun mix of Indian and Western.

Kimberlee

Thanks for holding this great contest, and good luck to all for their wonderful entries! I'm glad I could participate this year. It's an honor to be in the running. :)

~Kimberlee

DraagonStorm

Fusion of Indian and Western metaphysics sounds very interesting..

Not sure where to start on something like that. I know I absolutely love the clothing and colors of sari dress. (and actually envy the women who wear it) I would be afraid of taking away from the culture by 'westernizing'. But then again, that is probably not what you mean :)

But I'm game to any suggestions :)

OmSeaweed

Hi DragonStorm :)

You're not the only one wishing she could go around in saris, lol. I've been consigned to wearing dresses for the last 10 years, oddly enough, for health reasons and I'd *love* it if I could wear a sari and pull off the look. I've always thought a crowd full of sari-clad women look like a garden of the most fantastically colored flowers. Oh, to walk around dressed as a flower!

OmSeaweed

Are there any art programs where you could design together online?