being ganged up on in a dream

214red

I had a weird and slightly disturbing dream lastnight and woke up in a state of mild distress.
I had a dream that everyone, even close friends were ganging up on me, telling me i was wrong and they werent listening to me.I knew i was right and i continued to say what i knew but they were all turning away from me and refusing to listen....but i was adamant that this was right

any ideas?

re-pete-a

The feeling here is that your skills are isolating you from others.
Perhaps it's a message to go it alone now.

What did you feel , how did you feel, when that rejection was happening.

That may provide a clue for you.

214red

i felt hurt, but i also knew it was the right thing to do. i wondered if the dream was telling me that i am on the right path regardless of what others think, weirdly i dont really care about what others think about my mediumship etc, i am quite strong enough (i.e. pig headed) to do what feels right to me. I have gone against my family and lost friends along the way, and my close freinds now either do it themselves or understand so i guess thats why the dream freaked me out

re-pete-a

Guess you just answered your own dream in that last post.

Though you do really feel the aloneness, which isn't lonely ,but a chosen way.

Milfoil

214red said:
I had a weird and slightly disturbing dream lastnight and woke up in a state of mild distress.
I had a dream that everyone, even close friends were ganging up on me, telling me i was wrong and they werent listening to me.I knew i was right and i continued to say what i knew but they were all turning away from me and refusing to listen....but i was adamant that this was right

any ideas?

Sometimes in dreams we project onto ourselves what we are observing around us as well as feeling or perceiving the same issue within ourselves.

In your dream, it is distressing to find that nobody is supporting you, they tell you you are wrong but you believe you are right and continue to tell them what you believe.

Sometimes what we believe and what others are capable of accepting or understanding is very different. We can know in ourselves what WE believe (and this is open to change too) but also know that it is innapropriate to force that knowledge on others or preach to them so then we experience conflict.

At the same time, we can observe this 'preachy' wannabe guru tendancy in others and see how innapropriate it is, how it forces people to turn away or politely ignore and recognising that brings us dreams of how this manifests within ourselves so that we can avoid being 'that guy'.

If this were my dream, I would be questioning how I interact with others who don't or can't stand in my shoes, how can I understand where they are and still be who I am? Why do I have to feel that it is an either or situation?

If this mirrors your family history, then that is another aspect to this which is part of your life experience and continues to teach you about being connected, accepting, open etc.

re-pete-a

NO matter what the angles are, the meaning of your dream is yours and not what others try to get you to label them.

That includes RPA's opinions.

Your dreams are a composite of your beliefs ,desires,and fears ,in which case nobody can place any label upon them, but yourself .
Thats what makes all, individuals, the composite of lifes experiences, that which makes you ,you.

You can agree with anothers opinion , but the reality of that is that it's only an opinion tag after all, with a few special stamps and headings to add credance , which is really an effort to get you to surrender your soverignty.

The next person to examine your dream will see it through their own personal viewpoint made up of their own personal desires ,fears, and experiences.
Then hand out a very eloquent truth according to their lives , which is still only a personal opinion.
NO matter how many agree with the presented opinion.

Amanda

Even this dream sounds like that card I pulled for you in the exchanges the other day. ;) Just a thought...

The people in our lives essentially are a part of who we are, so maybe think more closely on the personalities and essences of the people (especially the ones you love and trust during the day) that were attacking you in the dream and maybe that will give you a clue as to how you are expending your energy. For instance, if you're best friend was attacking you, and you think that normally she is very 'sweet' - perhaps the 'sweet' part of you is trying to speak up.

Hope that helps.

214red

thanks for all the responses, i think likely telling me 2 things, firstly i have grown enough to stand alone without becoming an island, and also reminding me that others opinions are theirs and they are welcomed to them just as i am.

i think there is an element of me not isolating myself from people who dont do what do socially too, i think it was triggered by the idea of going to a social night thats just a social night with aload of people i dont know, i havent done this for a few months and i guess i was anxious about it

214red

i found out what this meant at class lastnight, its my root chakra out of balance, thanks for all the responses:)