Peeking Through The Keyhole-remote Viewing

celticnoodle

yes, a week is a bit of time to wait, i realize, and i'm sorry. :laugh: but, i've not been feeling 100% lately, and haven't even lined up anything for the next go round. plus the psychic circle and the PTR thread keep me pretty busy as it is when I'm on here! lol! plus trying to keep up with my own psychic readings and tarot card readings.

if anyone has any place--home, park ANYTHING that they think would be interesting to put on here, please PM me! I am open to any and all ideas! :D and, it doesn't necessarily HAVE to be a haunted place--I'm not even sure if these last pics are haunted, as I received this idea from someone here on AT and purposely just googled pics so that I could also participate.

so, anyone have any ideas of places, please let me know!

I'll come up with some thing new tomorrow and change it-whether or not i have a chance to post anything on these pictures.

Jemoflight

Ooooh Celticnoodle, I hope you feel better soon. A week is a good amount of time, because it allows people to participate when time permits. I'm just a bit impatient because it's such a good thread lol. But please, please take care of whatever you need to first and more importantly your health. I'm sure others of us here can come up with some ideas of possible places. I have a couple of ideas that I will pm you about if I can get my hands on some good pics. I'm not so computer savvy when it comes to uploading, embedding and emailing pics but I will do my best

Thanks again for starting this tread
Jem

mingbop

CN a week is just about right, don't worry. It gives people time to see it and post and then come back with afterthoughts . I have tons of haunted places if need be. :) Take care of your wee self noodle !

celticnoodle

thanks for all the good wishes from everyone. it's my allergies that are really driving me nuts. they are AWFUL right now! and I'm taking all kinds of allergy prescribed medication, including weekly allergy shots and my eyes are still red & itchy and nose running, sneezing, you get the picture? :p so, not really 'sick' just 'sick of allergies'! lol! :rolleyes:

anyway, I have a new set of pictures to put up on here tonight--thanks to MagsStardustBlack. :D

so, as soon as I can get some pics off google, (and probably AFTER my dinner too!), I'll be back with a NEW GAME!

Ming, can you find pictures for the next game?

and, then Nyx also has an idea, and will be getting pictures for me next week--so that will be after Mings.

anyone else have any ideas, let either Mingbop or myself know! :D thanks!!!

celticnoodle

Sorry! I didn't get back here to give the answers for this weeks peek!

this weeks peek was thanks to my_logic! :)

these were pictures on the grounds of "The Larnach Castle" in New Zealand. here is the story of this place:

The Story of William Larnach

William James Mudie Larnach , of Scottish descent, was born in 1833 in New South Wales, Australia. His banking career began in Melbourne then followed the gold rush to the Australian goldfields where he was manager of the Bank of New South Wales at Ararat. His bank was a tent and his equipment consisted of dogs, a gun, and strong boxes.

Gold was discovered in Otago, New Zealand, in the 1860's. Larnach was offered the position of manager of the Bank of Otago in Dunedin, which serviced the extensive goldfields. He sailed for Dunedin in 1867.

Larnach's brillant career encompassed his merchant empire Guthrie and Larnach, banking, shipping, farming, landholding, politics and ... speculation. He travelled extensively and was a cabinet minister, holding various portfolios, over a period of twenty five years.

Larnach was married three times and had six children. He was pre deceased by his first two wives and his eldest daughter, Kate. He took his own life in the New Zealand parliament buildings in 1898.

Building Larnach Castle

Larnach was a man of great vision and created a magnificent residence for himself and his family.

A story is told that William Larnach and one of his sons went for a horse ride along the top of the Otago Peninsula to choose the best site for their home. Today you can still see why this site was chosen as it has wonderful panoramic views of Dunedin, Otago Harbour, the Peninsula and the Pacific Ocean.

First the site was clear-felled, then the hill site was levelled by putting pegs into the volcanic rock and pouring salt water on them to split the rock. Approximately 200 men spent three years building the shell of the Castle and then gifted European craftsmen spent 12 years embellishing the interior.

Materials from all over the world were used - marble from Italy, slate from Wales, tiles from England, glass from Venice and France. No expense was spared in creating Larnach's dream home! Many New Zealand native woods were also used - kauri, rimu floors and honeysuckle panelling. In 1885 a 3000 square foot Ballroom was also added.

The Larnach Family

Larnach's first wife Eliza Guise, had six children - Donald, Douglas, Kate, Colleen, Alice and Gladys. Eliza died at the age of 38 when Gladys was still a baby. Larnach then married Eliza's half sister Mary Alleyne. They were married for 5 years when sadly Mary also died at the age of 38. Larnach then married a much younger lady, Constance de Bathe Brandon. Larnach was struck by tragedy when his favourite daughter Kate died in her 20s. The children were all sent to England for their education. This meant long sea voyages and a lot of time away from the Castle.

After Larnach's suicide in 1898 the family was torn apart by legal battles over Larnach's property as he died intestate. The family then sold the Castle in 1906..

AS FOR THE DOOR IN THE TREE:

it was inspired by the story, "Alice in Wonderland"

Although the book was very much in fashion as the Larnach children were growing up, and William and Eliza had decided to call thier third daughter Alice, we could only speculate as to whether there was any connection. To our knowledge there is no reference to the story amongst the family archives.

However, since the 1930s (under the ownership of Mr Jackson Purdie) the Larnach Castle garden has featured statues of the Duchess and Knave of Hearts from the original Tenniel Drawings.

"When we came here we found the figures of the Duchess and Knave" says Margaret Barker. "I have always loved the story of Alice in Wonderland ever since I was a child and it was wonderful to discover these statues amidst the overgrown garden."

The Alice in Wonderland theme has been an amusing element to carry through in the garden with various new items being added to the gardens over the years.

A "Curious Door" has recently appeared in a tree trunk in the new South Seas garden. Margaret Barker explains. "After the Mad Hatters tea party Alice discovers a door in a tree. We thought it would be fun to include this idea in our garden. The door is actually the original from the Tower that we discovered when we bought the Castle in 1967, it has tremendous character and really looks the part of the ‘curious door’ of Wonderland". Unlike Alice’s door this one does not open and lead into the long hall, but silently sits there, perhaps waiting for some magic words or a spell to lead the visitor into a different world.

On the 11th of November 2007, his Worship the Mayor of Dunedin, Peter Chin, unveiled a bronze sculpture of 'Alice'. To commemorate the 40years of the Barker family's guardianship of the Castle, Margaret Barker commissioned Christchurch sculptor Stephen Glesson to undertake this work.

The sculpture of 'Alice' has been done in true Victorian fashion, complete with golden hair.

The sculpture has become a focal point for the Castle, in which various children's events involving the Alice in Wonderland theme have been incorporated, with our staff acting out various characters.

1899 - 1967 "A Castle in Decline"

Larnach Castle has had many owners between the Larnach Family and the current Barker Family. The Castle has had many uses, as a lunatic asylum, a hospital for shell-shocked soldiers, a nuns retreat and the Ballroom was once even used as a sheep holding pen!

Auction of furniture and chattels. Used as a holiday retreat for nuns.

Government buys Castle for 3000 pounds. Castle then used as a mental hospital and for shell shocked soldiers.

Castle vacant - suffered much theft and vandalism.

Mr Jackson Purdie purchased the Castle and spent a large sum of money restoring buildings and grounds. The Castle became a showplace filled with antiques. Electricity connected.

Mr Purdie, with failing health decides to sell - no interest - so contemplates demolishing the building and selling the material.

Castle goes to auction, bought by Mr Armstrong for 1250 pounds.

Sold to Mr Stedman. During WW2 over 80 US soldiers billeted here.

Mrs Empson purchased the Castle.

1967 - Current "The Barker Family's Restoration Project"

In 1967 Margaret and Barry Barker purchased Larnach Castle. Margaret Barker remembers the dreadful state of the buildings and grounds. The Ballroom had been used to pen sheep, the Castle was empty of furniture, leaking like a sieve, in a terrible state of disrepair and the grounds were overgrown. When the Barkers bought the Castle many people thought (and told them!) that they were crazy to take on such a mammoth and apparently impossible task.

Now, as for spirits haunting this place:

The first Mrs. Larnach died alone, as all the other family members were away at the time, and she is said to make her presence felt near the bedroom in which she died.

The Larnachs' daughter Katie is said to haunt the ballroom, built to celebrate her 21st birthday in 1886. She died just a few years later of typhoid.

The specter of Larnach himself might linger in the castle. In 1898, after learning of an affair between his young third wife and one of his sons from his first marriage, he ended his life by shooting himself in the head.

and for that GORGEOUS stairway!
The spiral staircase up the centre of the building is made of local timber, and the banister of one piece of wood cut into curved pieces and joined by tongue and groove. It is a Georgian hanging staircase - there is no centre pole and the stairs are self-supporting.

celticnoodle

Peek Game #4

here are the pictures for this weeks game! good luck everyone!

Attachments

• peek 4 picture of dining room.jpg
    peek 4 picture of dining room.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 62
  • peek 4 picture of stairway.jpg
    peek 4 picture of stairway.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 65
  • peek game 4 picture of lounge.jpg
    peek game 4 picture of lounge.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 63
  • peek #4.jpg
    peek #4.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 68

kmartin60

Oh, it has been a while since Ive done remote viewing and never off of pics! (Normally just see ghosts, or images) But gonna jump on in.....ok..

Pic 1 gives off a sense of power! Someone (whether at the table in focus) or just in the room itself just....gives off a sense of a person of power! LOTS of power

Now pic 2? That one made my chest freeze up and hard to catch my breathe...either: something BAD happened here wanna say fight but also got feeling could be possibly murder or suicide? (Also saw a female in blue evening gown coming down it)

Pic 3: Saw a man in a real nice suit walking up to the bar getting his drink and whipspering a secret to the bar tender....felt like this was a spot a lot of wheelings and dealings happened...

Last pic: the bedroom! got brief glimpse of a person sitting in far chair real sad then it switched to a woman crying sitting on the bed....was in either in a night gown or was a dress from the 1800's!

I cant help but picture gangsters and high elite society here.....feels like its up north.....ughhh probably totally opposite! hahahahaha this is a awesome thread! Looking forward to finding out.....Kim

starrystarrynight

Well, I completely struck out on that last one! :D My RV radar was completely off the screen! I'll be back to check out the new pix, though...

celticnoodle

welcome to the game, kim! i hope you have fun here and continue to return.

starry-, I didn't even have a chance to read the last set of pics. and I didn't read through what everyone said either. I hope to participate in this one - later. off to do some errands soon!

so, try again, starry! it's fun, isn't it?! :)

mingbop

I was rubbish as well SSN !